Topic: 60s horror poll

I know, I know,  I may have missed a lot of good films, I might make another poll on this decade,

My favorite is Psycho with Straight Jacket very close behind.  I am big fan of Robert Bloch who wrote both films, NOTLD and the hammer films were great too!

Re: 60s horror poll

Don't get me wrong, I love "Night of the Living Dead" and the rest of the films up there, but I really enjoyed "Blood Feast".  I guess I just dug the whole terrible vibe.

I had to go with Psycho because I think it was more influencial than NOTLD. IN MY OPINION, my very own opinion.

How good is Last Man on Earth?

Kruz wrote:

I had to go with Psycho because I think it was more influencial than NOTLD. IN MY OPINION, my very own opinion.

How good is Last Man on Earth?

LMOE is a great movie but its more of a WPAM flick than real horror if you like that genre and movies like that its worth checking out.

Psycho
Night of the Living Dead
Last Man on Earth
Blood Feast

Night of the Living Dead edged out Psycho for me.

Blood and Black Lace by Bava isn't on that list which is my fave 60's horror film but I went with Psycho.

NOLD hands down, but I have a soft spot for Bette Davis, one of my favorite actressessss

Went with Psycho

RIP wrote:

Blood and Black Lace by Bava isn't on that list which is my fave 60's horror film but I went with Psycho.

Good call! Very influential movie. Bava had some other good ones in the 60's too.

night of the living dead is definately my favorite horror movie from the 60s.

Wow this one was tough.
Psycho,
The Birds,
Whatever Happened to Baby Jane and
Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed (which I watched last night!) all in one category!

I'll have to go with Whatever Happened to Baby Jane!

Shakingman wrote:

Wow this one was tough.
Psycho,
The Birds,
Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed (which I watched last night!) all in one category!

I am a huge Cushing fan and I did love Frankenstein must be destroyed, its one of my favorites by Hammer there some info here on the Frankenstein Hammer films in pdf format, I liked most of them but created woman was a bit of a drag good film but very slow.

I had to go with Night of the Living Dead, even though I love Psycho just as much.

goldenwarrior wrote:
Shakingman wrote:

Wow this one was tough.
Psycho,
The Birds,

I am a huge Cushing fan and I did love Frankenstein must be destroyed, its one of my favorites by Hammer there some info here on the Frankenstein Hammer films in pdf format, I liked most of them but created woman was a bit of a drag good film but very slow.

Hey Warrior,

Thanks for that bit of info on the Hammer Films. I'm actually on the hunt trying to collect all Hammer Horror films...I bought a box set, which I hope they release more of, and scored Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed for pennies, the other day.

Apparently there are 250 odd horror films that Hammer put out. I want them all! It's my new obsession.

There was a theatre in Montreal called The Vogue during the 70's that used to Grindhouse two or three movies on the weekends many of them being the classic Hammer Pics and Vincent Price pics of the 60's.

I hope Tarantino/Rodrigues start a trend here and bring back that double/triple feature weekend movie going of the 70's!

I was there every weekend.

Sometimes they would have Westerns Weekends as well...I'm still waiting for Ulzana's Raid to be released. My favourite Western starring Burt Lancaster.

Last edited by Shakingman (2007-03-10 03:22:37)

My Favorite Was Psycho And Then Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte Was Ok.

NOTLD and Psycho.

goldenwarrior wrote:
Shakingman wrote:

Wow this one was tough.
Psycho,
The Birds,

I liked Cushing in the 70's film Shock Waves even if it was a small role.

Night Of The Living Dead

I would have chosen the Corman POE adaptions.

Psycho
Night of the Living Dead
& Birds

night of the living dead