Re: Last Days for BluRay Player Contest

OK, fine, I'll upgrade you to mildly annoying, which is slightly below 80's mullet cool.
heh

wink this is why I love you Azay hun, and agreed some are an acquired taste. You are the best monkey in my life wink mwah! x

Wow, if they complain about you being long winded I would hate to think what my 5 page reviews are considered. But for now on when a contest is going on I'll just cop out and write some nice 10 line reviews so I can win. I can crank out a synopsis every 10 minutes if that is all people want for a review. And then I will forfeit the prize and give it to someone who actually tried and put some effort into what they were doing. Yes I am stoking the fire, but it bothers me that we let the quality of things slide so much today. Not just here, seems like everywhere people will take thoughtless and fast and convenient over quality, craftsmanship, and actual labor spent producing something. Oh well, the times they are a-changin'.

i never read other peoples reviews mainly i do not care about reviews. if i go see a movie its because i have it in my mind to do so before its released and i make my own opinions of the movie.

when i made my second to the last comment i was referring to doctor peppers post and not btk  i forgot to do the quote thing

BTK and MEH are right, most of us have favourite reviewers that we go for for a smile and to see their thoughts on a film even if it is the opposite of your feelings for a film, we all like different things. as MEH says we all write differently and it would be boring if we all  wrote similar reviews.Having said that i would n't read mine:|

Last edited by wolfman1959 (2009-09-02 07:34:47)

But I will Wolfy wink, I love your reviews so much they cheer up my days big_smile

When I get my newsletter in my inbox every morning, I usually click on all the reviews, even if it's for a film I've already seen.  While they may not change my mind about whether or not to see a movie or whether or not I like the film if I've seen it, I still like to be open-minded and see what others think of the movies.  And most reviews are pretty good, whether they're long or short.  As long as they get their point across...that's the measure of an effective review.  Except for my own, of course....mine suck.  tongue

^^^ newsletter? how do i get that?

Yeah, I was wondering about that, too.

Oh, did anybody win yet?

^^ I was wondering that too... lol but maybe Meh is super uber busy at the moment.

I don't remember how I originally subscribed, but I get 'em every morning.  There doesn't seem to be any mention of it on the site, does there?

I want a newsletter sad

Oops...sorry, Meh.  Didn't mean to open that can of worms.  How DOES one go about subscribing to the newsletter? (which, for those who don't know, is merely a list of all reviews and news items and editorials posted to the site since the previous newsletter; so if you're constantly logging onto the site, you'll already know this stuff and there's no real need for the newsletter...unless I'm missing something...although I don't want my subscription terminated...but I digress).

I haven't been uploading 10-line reviews en masse (I'm still listed as having submitted only 38 reviews in all my time as a member), but what I *have* been doing is uploading some older (but lengthy) reviews I'd written, and even still I'm being selective.  Upon re-reading some of them after posting, though, I noticed that they can be a bit dated, like the review for Shutter (the Original) where I mention that it's currently in production as an American remake.  Obviously that review is about two years old, but I think it's still valid, if dated.  I'll have to start editing when I post some of my older reviews.  Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll be off to punish myself for such an obvious oversight.  Any suggestions for the punishment? tongue

Last edited by jay_wigger (2009-09-02 15:19:19)

Bend over and get spanked is your punishment

ragXdoll wrote:

Bend over and get spanked is your punishment

Any volunteers?  Of the female persuasion only, please.

i can, but trust me babe my whip is in leather might hurt lol

ragXdoll wrote:

i can, but trust me babe my whip is in leather might hurt lol

I'm a big boy, I think I can handle it. As long as you promise to start soft and slow and then work it up.  wink

i can't make any promises but i can try lol

Name the time and place, ragsey. smile

hahahhaa you are in for something lol

Can't wait!  Bring it on! I want the punishment I soooo deserve.  wink

hahahahaha naughty naughty boy

Well, it IS Fetish Weekend here in Montreal this weekend. big_smile