Topic: Texas Chainsaw Massacre Ultimate Edition

I'm really looking forward to picking this up.. I already own the Re-Issue so this will be double dipping but with the two documentaries, the new commentary tracks and not to mention the kick ass art.. I can't wait til this thing hits shelves.. Check out the art here..

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_5923.html

Re: Texas Chainsaw Massacre Ultimate Edition

If they formed a compilation set of the Original bunch of TCMs I'd be very happy, sure the second one is insane, and the third is quite poor, but they are all damn worth at least one watch. If there was a set I'm sure it'd sell to some extent, especially with the second TCM remake/re-invisioning coming soon.

I actually really like the third film.. I think it was just all the different actors in the film. Viggo, Foree, and William Butler really made the movie for me.. Butler has been murdered by Jason, Leatherface, and eaten by zombies.. Talk about a kick ass career..

I guess I was just always bemused by Foree coming back because of the popularity of him...it confused me on first viewing to no end, "didn't he just...die?" And Bill Butler's a top guy.

Last edited by Dean Valent (2006-06-16 08:22:59)

Indeed William Butler is a really cool guy to say the least. Back in the day when Goon still wrote on MoviesOnline he interviewed him, http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_3631.html

is there any point in getting this is if i allready av the r2 uk special edition. Why do u have kick ass art as a reason to get a dvd u allready own, it's only art it shud be the film that counts surely

A definate double dip for me.  adamroddis, if you live outside the USA the only edition of Hooper's Texas Chainsaw Massacre we have is a single disc edition with a commentary by Hooper, Gunnar (Leatherface), and Dan Pearl (The DP and DP on the remake) and some trailers. 

So...everyone is wanting this cause the image is suppose to be cleaned up and the extras.  Its not uncommon for me to double dip on a DVD, but I only do it with a coupon when I do.  In this case I feel no pain cause I got TCM about 40% off when i got it.

This looks excellent, I might have to pick this one up.  Like you golden I got TCM special edition for a very cheap price($5) So I to shall feel no pain!

well if u only have that crappy edition then why didn't u get the r2 version b4 u knew of this 1. Surely nowadays every 1 has a multi region dvd player?

I just want to know if it's worth me getting this new ultimate edition. I already have the r2 special edition that has most of the stuff on this new 1. The only difference is the picture quality i think. It only cost me £8 which is about  $17

Well, I do not have a multi-region DVD.  I play most of my movies on my PS2 and sadly that isn't multi-region cause there are a few European games I wanna get.  I am starting up college next week and spent nearly $2000 on tuition and books for this first semester and so my plans for a multi-region will have to wait.

Well, if the new TCM is avaliable for rent....I recommend renting it and seeing if you wanna buy it or if you have a coupon that knocks off a few pounds buy it then.  Up to you. 

I had no idea about a R2 TCM cause I rarely look at anything past R1 and R0 cause of my DVD and PS2.

Yea I have really no idea what is included in the version you own.. But I think there is a special doc that was made specifically for this release.. If you like extra features and are a stickler for better picture quality I would say go ahead and pick this up..

I don't have a multi region DVD player either.. I'm a HUGE fan but I don't see the need to pay big bucks to import DVD's that will eventually make it stateside with translated special features and possibly an uncut version of the film..

2 weeks to go...... and I'll be getting this Ultimate Edition.
I don't know if I can wait though, I want it now smile

Hi, I'm new here!
Just wanted to say that I received my copy og TCM:UE in the mail today, and I even got the tin-edition! big_smile

This set looks really promising and lots of fun for a horror-geek!

Hey welcome Texas-pit! Your one lucky SOB cause its not supposed to be released til next week.. I can't wait to get my hands on it. In one of the documentarys I learned there is footage from a panel I went to at Cinema Wasteland so I might be on it somewhere..

Hehe, thanks Goon!
I got it through pre-order but I wasn't expecting it in the mail allready!
...and the documentarys looks awesome!

The tin-case is all shiny and I can't stop looking at it smile

thats cool and welcome to the site Texas Pit.

Everytime I hear about this set I get mad becasue I already own the TCM.  This one looks soooooooo good.  I might have to double dip eventually.

is there any image comparisons with this version and all the others anywhere?

Thats it. I couldn't wait any longer. I just pre-ordered one and hopefully get it soon too.

are they all in tins? when sum 1 watches it can u comment on the quality of picture, thanx

The one I ordered never made mention of it being in a tin, but it would be nice if it was, since texas-pit got a tin version

No, it didnt say that my order was the tin-edition. I guess it's limited but I dont know the number. Maybe the first 1,000? Could be more/less.

I'm guessing more than 1,000.. I'm sure it will be quite a few.. As for comparisons check it out..

http://horrordvds.com/modules.php?name= … amp;id=468

TCM is one of my favorite horror movies so I will definitely be picking up a copy for my collection.