Topic: Watch: Plan 9 From Outter Space Remake Trailer

Yesterday we told you that the trailer for the remake of Plan 9 from outter space was going to explode onto the internet and today we have the actual trailer which was sent to us by the production company. Check it out below and let us know what you ...

Read More : Watch: Plan 9 From Outter Space Remake Trailer

Re: Watch: Plan 9 From Outter Space Remake Trailer

Certainly a vast improved over the original . . . and it looks like they kept some of the camp value too!!

Never thought I'd see the day...
Coming from a guy who actually enjoyed the Lost Skeleton of Cadavra, I may actually watch this.

Based on that trailer you can totally count me in big_smile

Now see?  This is what I'm talking about.  Remake movies that could use it.  Like this one. LOL  God bless Ed Wood, but as much as I adore the original...it's not good.  lol

I'll see it for sure.  Was anyone else really hoping to see that big ball clobber the little girl?  lol

I've not seen the original, but I saw Ed Wood and that gave me an idea of how bad it was I suppose. This looks somewhat campy fo sure, but it looks like it might be pretty cool as well. Looking forward to it.

Maven, you and me both, honey! lol  This movie holds a special place in my heart for a few reasons, and I'm totally looking forward to whatever gets put out.  Can't be worse than the original, but at the same time, the original is so bad, it's brilliant, I think of it as a true testament to the idea of doing what you love, no matter what anyone/everyone thinks.  Without that kind of dedication, there are probably a lot of movies that would have never been made, mostly consisting of a lot of absolute crap that I've enjoyed to the fullest.

I absolutely love Ed Wood's movies but this looks cool and different enough that I'm looking forward to it. A word of warning though: if it is bad there's a good chance that it will be worse than the original because it probably won't have any of the original's spirit or charm.

UrbanCannibal: I love The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra and bought it as soon as I found it.

wink Well at least, it looks like some people put some REAL dedication in this remake. I only saw bits of it over the years -- I live in Canada and they're always out of stock regarding Ed Wood movies damn it! so please, no hitting me with baseball bats, thank you  -- but I agree, this could turn out to be something quite interesting as well as a well-crafted tribute to Ed Wood and his movies. smile

I will be seeing this. I met Conrad Brooks a couple years ago, he was in the original. Hell of a nice guy.

Wow.. after watching this trailer I will be going to see this movie.. They improved on it.. see?  this is a GREAT example of why a remake should be done. . You take a so-so movie and you improve it..

Not bad, I'd watch it. Finally a remake that needed one.

Actually I was ready to dislike it  but it looks rather cool so I will give it a go. I too love the original and though it might be considered bad I think the original is good. Ed Wood bless his little angora sox.

moviemaven wrote:

Now see?  This is what I'm talking about.  Remake movies that could use it.  Like this one. LOL  God bless Ed Wood, but as much as I adore the original...it's not good.  lol

I'll see it for sure.  Was anyone else really hoping to see that big ball clobber the little girl?  lol

i thot for sure the little girl was gonna turn around and be all zombified in the face.

Anyway, I agree, after seeing the trailer, that I would be interested in seeing this.

looks like another zombie movie to me which is ok by me. yeah the original "Plan 9" is bad but i would not say it's the worst film ever made ,not by a long way.

I thought the little girl was was zombie too, lol....I figured she'd turn around and her top lip would be all chewed off and an eye missing....what kind of parent would let their kid play in the street during a zombie apocalypse?

How does that work? "But mom! All my friends are eating mean old Mrs. Rot!" tongue

I'll see this for sure!

Last edited by Joe King (get it?) (2009-09-16 17:29:19)

Ed Wood was a man with passion and no talent and I salute him for what he did accomplish. This remake might be good but from the trailer it looks like a zombie film not Plan Nine.

I'll reserve judgement though until I see it.

Sad to say I have yet to see the original but that trailer looks cheese-tastic. Count me in cool