Topic: Dune.

I've seen the original with Sting but haven't seen the remake.Anyone seen it?Any good?

Re: Dune.

having not read the source material (don't be hatin, I tried at least twice dammit LOL) it's hard to judge - David Lynch is one of my favorite directors, no question, but his take is very convoluted, although I find it enjoyable in an odd way I can't describe. The remake's narrative seemed easier to digest and the performances are good -  but how these both fare in their effectiveness to bring to fruition the essence of the novel - clueless.

Last edited by deadhorse13 (2009-09-13 20:25:50)

deadhorse13 wrote:

having not read the source material (don't be hatin, I tried at least twice dammit LOL) it's hard to judge - David Lynch is one of my favorite directors, no question, but his take is very convoluted, although I find it enjoyable in an odd way I can't describe. The remake's narrative seemed easier to digest and the performances are good -  but how these both fare in their effectiveness to bring to fruition the essence of the novel - clueless.

It's all good.It is hard to read,it's a lot like clockwork in that respect,it has it's own language(words that only exist in the confines of the story.).

forget the language - I couldn't pronounce those freaking names nor keep them straight - don't like having to take notes to follow a story line LOL

I did not know there was a remake, it will have to be better than the original. the one with sting kinda sucked.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0142032/
Hey Godzila,how ya doing?

dealing with work stress, life   lol lol

I posted it before,but I'm glad you decided to stay.:)