Topic: Another Cloverfield 2 Viral Video

This morning I woke up to a gaggle of emails from readers who have found a new video that is being billed as a new viral video for Cloverfield 2. The last video you will recall was debunked as a fan video.  Checkout the new video below and decid...

Read More : Another Cloverfield 2 Viral Video

Re: Another Cloverfield 2 Viral Video

I'm startting to tire of these viral videos

All I can say is...eh. hmm

I never really jumped on the bandwagon for Cloverfield, it had some lovely moments but it was more miss than hit for me, so I am not all that excited for this movie. A possibly rent when the time comes but not interested really, wish I was, but I'm not. hmm

That is clearly a fan made video.  Bring on the real viral marketing for the sequel! big_smile

balls. That is all

YAWN the first one was more entertaining this one is just stupid and pointless. Horrible editing and just a mess to watch. Plus wasn't central park destroyed in the first one?

I was never a fan of Cloverfield. I liked the first movie I did. But it wasn't anything special. I think the only reason I enjoyed myself is the whole hand-camera thing. I really dig this kind of approaches in movies. I'm not excited for the sequel though. I'll probably rent it or something. Have to admit though, the video was pretty good.

it seemed like the last video was an obvious fan video because it showed too much of the monster (same exact shot from the movie) and now this one shows absolutely nothing about any kind of cuty wide urgency or anything from the monster.

It screams fan made, I feel the people behind colverfield would have been more clever than this

looks like another weak, fan made, You Tube joke to me. If it isn't, they really aren't trying very hard.

It's crap like this that will make me say "Who the FUCK cares" when the REAL viral video (if there ever will be one) comes out.

These fans are only making asses out of themselves, since their videos SUCK!

Last edited by Decisi8ns (2009-09-14 23:42:28)

cloverfield was boring anyways..

Fan made fo sho.

um....Anyone who thinks its not a fan video...either look closer or just give up tongue lol, its most obviously fan made! And not very good either tongue

Fake.... besides, wasnt NYC like destroyed in Cloverfield???

Hate to be putting a downer on the sceptical approach, but for a minute take a look at what you CAN see rather than assuming. Abrams has told us that he was interested in making a sequal, with the possibility of phone cameras and the like, here we have a low resolution film, he told us that it may well coincide with the first, the chap on the bridge with the camera, he said, would give an interesting perspective, to those of you declaring NYC destroyed, I would take a moment to think about whether or not films do in fact have to happen in direct sequence, or whether they could actually be simultaneous, take a minute to think folks.The droppage of somethin' around 00:26 ((just above the tall slim apartment building in the centre of the shot), yes, a tactic seen before, but hey, maybe some people need it said twice) looks alien-monster-ish. Then the other video of the apparent tourists legging it rom the Monster. This is where my own sceptical side kicks in, seems an awful bit obvious to me. But hey, there are the facts, I'm on the fence myself. [REC] blew Cloverfield out of the water in every possible sense anyhow. Liked the subway sequence though =]

Last edited by BKtheKITTY (2009-11-09 01:21:20)

whether this is a fan vid or some viral sht... all i know i wouldnt be able to watch a whole movie with that annoying chick in it. LOL jk, not really though

when will people just realize it is nothing more than "hype"...only to be let down by just another movie. I mean yeah, you have to get your material out there, but come on.

...and hand held shaky cam movies, or any handycam movie, getting old quick.

just so you know, i am speaking as a fellow viewer, not a filmmaker.