Topic: New Horror on DVD September 15th

Its time for another edition of New Horror on DVD. I apologize that its been awhile since I have done this piece but I have been insanely busy and had to do some code updates to our dvd database. Today is a fantastic day for DVD releases. We have a m...

Read More : New Horror on DVD September 15th

Re: New Horror on DVD September 15th

There are definitely some good titles on this page! I'll have to get Phantasem 2.

The three that immediately sprang to my attention were:

Grace, Army of Darkness and Dead Girl. Grace, I have seen and reviewed, equally loved. It was well worth watching and a movie I will be buying as soon as it comes out smile

Dead Girl (like many others on HM) I have harboured an interest in, so this is on my 'must see' list and well do I need to say anything in regards to Army of Darkness?

True I have the DVD, but I have the barebones version with just the film and one trailer so a chance to own the DVD with some added meat is a chance I cannot pass by! I think I will def. be willing to fork out money for these 3 films.

I do agree though this is a good month for horror, the list is awesome! big_smile

I'm gonna rent Grace, Deadgirl and Phantasm 2. Pretty good week this week! Much better than the last few weeks.

Definitely getting Friday the 13th 7 and 8 Deluxe Editions and probly Phantasm 2.  Outside of that, I'm gonna regret this decision later, but I'll probly also get Wolverine.

Holy shit, I forgot about the Friday the 13ths and AOD on blu ray!! Yet again, I can kiss my paycheck goodbye!!!

I can't wait to watch Dead Girl. big_smile

I am going to rent Dead Girl

hope this doesn't make me look like a noob, but what do you guys think of the stabbing scene in this music vid? Shit looked pretty hardcore to me

vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=6113070

Cheers

AoD only has a 67% approval rating???? neutral

I'm down for Phantasm II and Sweeney Todd.  The rest I either already own on DVD or am not interested in.

On a related note, I watched House on Haunted Hill '99 again just last night.  Geoffrey Rush makes that flick, and you can't go wrong with Jeffrey Combs.

Last edited by LoudLon (2009-09-15 18:10:15)

LoudLon, it still gets me how alike he looks to Vincent Price (from the original) and how he also manages to get those mannerisms Price did and I agree he made that flick smile Although the eye candy of Famke Janssen wasn't too bad lol

Last edited by BlackTequilaKiss (2009-09-15 18:14:24)

Don't get me started on Famke Janssen, I'll be hear all night.  Swear to God, if I'm ever reincarnated I want to come back as a pair of Famke's unmentionables.  I wouldn't even care if they're pink.

I'll get Phantasem 2, An American Werewolf in London (I have this film on VHS, so I'll have to get the new DVD version now) and House on Haunted Hill films I might get.

I really wanna see DeadGirl, I might buy that if I can't rent it!