Topic: Tarantino Going for a Hell Ride

Everyones favorite grindhouse afficionado is going to lend his name and produce "Hell Ride". Larry Bishop is going to write, direct and co-produce the film under the "Quentin Tarantino Presents" banner. The film promises to be a blood and sex-soaked ...

Read More : Tarantino Going for a Hell Ride

Re: Tarantino Going for a Hell Ride

the big issue i have with the tarantino presents banner is the last film i saw under that banner sucked. namely the flick with tony jaa

Tony Jaa is amazing.. I loved his first flick Ong Bak.. That movie wasn't out there for the plot it was all about the crazy ass stunts that Jaa can do.. Everything in that movie was real no wires or stunt doubles. The first film he Tarantino lent his name to was Hero and that was a fantastic movie.. So I really have high hopes for this one.. I mean I already know what to expect with that plot..

I have faith in Quentin Tarantino.  I think he'd only put his name on something he truly cares for.  Am I wrong?  I can definately smell a new "grindhouse" trend coming on with this next film.  Sounds awesome.

I also have faith in Tarantino and this film sounds pretty sweet.

I'm concerned about the director not the producer. Even if Tarantino does an excellent job, the director can destroy the movie.

Yes in a sense you are correct but Larry Bishop seems to have a fairly solid background in film.. I was worried that this was a director trying to act but actually this guy is more like an actor trying out directing.. This isn't his film debut either as a director..

He has also written a couple of films before to.. So there is nothing really to worry about.. I mean it may not be a good movie but it wont have anything to do with experience..