Topic: The Breed

Two close brothers, Matt (Eric Lively) and John (Oliver Hudson) head to an exotic island for a week of fun and relaxation. Joined by Matt's girlfriend Nicki (Michelle Rodriguez), John's girlfriend Sara (Taryn Manning) and a friend Noah (Hill Harper), the group intend on having a week of relaxation, fun and spending quality time together. However, after one of them is viciously attacked by a dog, the friends decide to leave the island early - only to find their plane wrecked. As the day goes on, the friends find themselves fighting for their lives against a vicious pack of mutated dogs - hundreds of them, who don't intend on the group making it out alive off the island

trailer here
http://www.terrorfeed.com/index.php?id= … ed_Trailer

this looks really good.

For some odd reason it going straight to DVD in the USA in May 2007
but everywhere it could be on the big screen
also in coming out 20 April 2007 in UK

Edited by Mod: Was already on TerrorFeed.com

Re: The Breed

At first I thought you were talking about the shitty vampire film with the guy from Highlander series in it lol.

We heard about this film a while ago.  I guess things sort of just dissapeared for a while.  Looks pretty good.

I like the the trailer, I'll have to wait and see if it's any good. Although with all the dogs it did remind me a lot of Wilderness.

And Wilderness is awesome so there's hope for this movie. But I have a lot of movies to watch right now, maybe I'll rent it in a couple of months.

Kruz wrote:

And Wilderness is awesome so there's hope for this movie. But I have a lot of movies to watch right now, maybe I'll rent it in a couple of months.

Yes I agree Wilderness is one of my fav new films

Damn.  I need to see "Wilderness".

Yea Wilderness is great.. I think you will dig it TiM.. As for The Breed I have heard that it is a stinker.. I'm not 100% sure because I haven't seen it myself but I wouldn't doubt it.. Doesn't look like it has much to it..

I saw The Wilderness at Hollywood Video last I was there....rented Ed Gein instead.

When is Breed suppose to hit?

Right now the DVD date is May 22nd.. I also added the trailer to TerrorFeed for you guys.. Check it out...

http://www.terrorfeed.com/index.php?id= … ed_Trailer

I always get shaky when Wes Craven puts his name on something.  As for the trailer, it's alright.  Kind of typical.

The Breed was okay. It was a simple movie. I was able to find it online early.:) WIlderness definitely had a lot more going on. I was kind of disappointed in Michelle Rodriguez(LOST). seemed like she didnt' it for a paycheck.

You guys were right.  I really dug "Wilderness".

i watched the trailer on terrorfeed.com and frankly it didnt impress me. Reminds me of the wilderness as well, only not as good.

for those who have not seen it, the trailer for wilderness is here http://www.terrorfeed.com/?id=wilderness_trailer_330k

Wilderness is an awesome film. Everybody in this forum should at least watch it.

And about The Breed, it reminds me of Wilderness but americanized. To give credit to The Breed, this movie seems like the dogs have a bigger part than in Wilderness.

be sure to review it if you have not kruz.

I'm still learning how to write a review, I don't to mess it up. Besides, I'm not good at knowing if there's good camera work or good sound and stuff like that. I'm sure I wouldn't do a good job.

You don't have to write a professional review.  You just gotta write something that will give your fellow horror hounds something to look, or not to look, forward to.  Take my reviews for example.  Terribly written, but I think you all get the message I'm trying to deliver.  At least, I hope you all do.

Every one knows how much i love killer animals movies
this year as be great
The Host, The Kaw the awesome Black Sheep and now the Really good The Breed
ps The dogs were really really smart

keep them going hollywood big_smile

Last edited by BASSI (2007-07-02 15:48:04)

i rented the breed onyl cuz i needed another movie and i saw wes cravens name and went with it I watched like 20 mintues of it and I jsut couldnt get into it soo i watched the very awful Creepshow 3 instead very big mistake there

i am a huge lover of animal horror flicks , i've been waiting to see this movie for awhile now and I guess I had too high of expectations. This movie could have been sssoooooo awesome (picture "Wilderness" with fifty dogs !!) I think it should have been more bloody/gorey ... I mean I want to see dogs ripping off limbs , not tugging on someones shirt. The most violence u see is against the dogs. The scene where the white dog is all covered in blood would have been the sh!t ... if it was a HUMAN they were eating ! The character development made me want to kill the characters myself !! >:] And this is rated R which I cannot understand at all !! No nudity , No drugs , No gore ... did they even cuss in this movie ??? How did this get an R ????? maybe becuase they were killing animals  ??? I wanted this to be the movie I was waiting for ... and it wasn't imo ! To me it seems like someone went through and cut all the good (gorey) parts out of this movie !!! Its really too bad, the dogs are simply gorgeous and are by far the only reason to watch this. >:[

an alright Michelle Rodregez movie. it was kinda different but i liked it.