Topic: Multi-Region DVD Players

I know it has been discussed before but I can't find which of the mutliple threads it was mentioned in.  So, thought to corall all of it in one thread.  As well as to ask my own questions.  I am finally giving in and buying one.

1. Which Multi-Region DVD Player is the best?

2. Which Stores Sell It?  Online or Can I walk into a store and pick one up?

My brother is moving back next week from Nashville, he has completed his courses at Nashville Auto Diesel, so he is gonna be taking over the basement with the furniature and such he had from his apartment there.  So, I'l getting the basement TV and couch and putting them in his old bedroom next to mine for my own TV/game room where I can relax without worry. 

Of course one of the first things I am getting is a mutli-region DVD player...I SHALL NOT BE LIMITED TO R1 OR R0!  ONLY BLOODY, STUPID PAL!

Thanks all.

Re: Multi-Region DVD Players

I'm not really sure what kind of player to get.  You should probably order one online, because I don't know any stores that carry them.  At least, around where I live.  As for me, I'm stuck with R1 and R0.  Some movie geek I am.  tongue

http://www.neodigits.com/new/body/produ … /h4000.asp

I bought this a while ago, haven't had any problems with it and for 169.00 US you can't go wrong with it's region free, 1080p upscaling abilities.

Ew....$169? Thats like DVD player price when they first hit the market.  Most of that stuff makes no sense...if it plays my DVDs without problem, thats the kinda player I want.

I did browse through Best Buy, Circuit City..all the usual suspects both online and in store.  Funny thing when I went to the store they had no idea what I meant by regions, so I lost hope there.

But, I checked on Amazon and found quite a few multi-regions for less than half of that one from good compaines.  Some can play both PAL and NTSC smile  So just have to check see if the TV I am hauling into my TV room can also play PAL...but if not, no matter...will try to get a TV that can play both so I'll never be inconvienced again smile

Last edited by thegoldensimatar (2007-03-12 10:06:56)

I don't know of any places where you can buy multi-region DVD players, but I have heard about codes that you can get and put into a normal DVD player to make it play DVDs from different regions.  I don't know much about it and I can't give a credible source, but i remember seeing people selling the codes on Ebay a long while back.  Maybe that would be something to look into.

Na, too complex for me.  In the long run it'll be easier to buy my own DVD player i can cart around to my various dwellings.

I had a feeling that mainstream entertainment stores would have no idea what your talking about.  Typical.  Anyways, online is your best bet.  Cheaper and a much larger selection.  Happy shopping.

neversummer wrote:

http://www.neodigits.com/new/body/produ … /h4000.asp

I bought this a while ago, haven't had any problems with it and for 169.00 US you can't go wrong with it's region free, 1080p upscaling abilities.

Hey neversummer, thats the DVD player I have had my eyes on for quite awhile now. I have read good things about it. I think thats going to be one of my next purchases.

I would also consider the xbox HD-DVD drive as it's region free... that would probably be your best bet if you already own a 360

That's a really good deal if you already own a 360.  I would, but I don't own the system yet.