Topic: Escape from Manhattan !!!

All I can say if Fucking Aye! pardon my french but I am a huge fan of the `Escape from` series of films and word from Variety is that finally after lots of bogus and completely false rumors of a Snake Plisken film, we are getting one. Escape from Man...

Read More : Escape from Manhattan !!!

Re: Escape from Manhattan !!!

Fuckin' A is right!  And its about time too!

i knew you would agree skidog, to cool for cool!

kewl I learn French here too...

goon and i are big advocates of education, i know lots of good french words smile

I not a fan of remakes but I liked the original a lot although LA was total crapfest maybe this one might work, they better get someone with big knockers to play Maggie smile

they need to get the chick from rise of taj to play Maggie.. she was hot and had huge REAL knockers. Which is important kids! A clip that makes my point http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_11464.html

So, is this a remake of New York?

If it isn't a remake, it's gonna suck without Kurt Russell

It said remake in the original article so thats what I am thinking.

Remake? But why rename it? Could it be another vision just like RZ's Halloween?

I really hope is another sequel and that John Carpenter has something to do with it.

I doubt a sequel, Snake already escaped from NY. 

Probably a remake, renaming it I guess to try and make it seem less like one.

Good point, golden.

They're pulling another "The Devil's Rejects" move.  A sequel, but not "really", a sequel.

What exactly is the "'The Devil's Rejects' move"??

I was going to ask the same thing.

Rob Zombie didn't want "The Devil's Rejects" to feel like a sequel to "House of 1000 Corpses" so he changed the title.  That's something I heard in an interview.  It is a sequel (same characters and what not) just a different "feel".

Oooohhh... thanks for spreading your knowledge. tongue

goldenwarrior wrote:

I not a fan of remakes but I liked the original a lot although LA was total crapfest maybe this one might work, they better get someone with big knockers to play Maggie smile

Yeah I didn't like Escape from LA too much but the original was great. I'll give this film a chance.