Topic: Kill Bill 3

Tarantino announces plans for a third Kill Bill.

Awesome!

From Variety:

Quentin Tarantino confirmed he will be making the third installment of the "Kill Bill" series on Saturday at the Morelia International Film Festival.

There to promote "Inglorious Basterds"- the festival opener – the geek chic filmmaker wanted to give Uma Thurman's central character and her daughter Beebe 10 years of peace before the next bloody installment – which would push the project to 2014.

In a conference alongside "Basterd"star Eli Roth, he said that there would be one film in between, saying he was "wide open"to his next project. Tarantino added that he would like to do a "re-imagining" to a number of genres including a western or a 20s/30s "Pretty Boy Floyd" type gangster movie.

Tarantino also explained how he has more than enough material for more "Inglorious Basterds" installments saying that a future project could include a prequel or sequel.

But I'm afraid Eli Roth's 'talk' (and lack of 'walk') may be wearing off on poor Tarantino.

Regardless, anything Tarantino writes/directs IMO is a must-see.

Re: Kill Bill 3

A Kill Bill 3 would be frickin' awesome! Quentin Tarantino is my favorite director of all time, and I love his Kung Fu movies, so Kill Bill 3 would be great. big_smile

Also, Quentin said that in a Inglorious Basterds sequel, he would have the Basterds try to defeat the Klu Klux Klan (did I type that right?). That would be great to see too.

I'll believe it when I see it.

sounds dumb because the story is over already.

I'm not big on Kill Bill, i saw the 1st one & liked it but it didn't make me want to see the 2nd. Still not seen it.

True, Bill is dead, but I think there could be another Kill Bill installment. Quentin is always good with his stories, and I think he could make another one with Uma and Beebe.

I love Tarantino almost as much as he loves himself LOL
I'd be down for a Kill Bill 3 although it's completely unnecessary - I have a hunch it won't happen - I'd like to see him try his hand at a genre western though. Works for me.

deadhorse13 wrote:

I love Tarantino almost as much as he loves himself LOL
I'd be down for a Kill Bill 3 although it's completely unnecessary - I have a hunch it won't happen - I'd like to see him try his hand at a genre western though. Works for me.

Tarantino did a little bit of a speggetti western thing with Inglorious Basterds, but to see him do a full out Speggetti western would be frickin' awesome!!!!

I have yet to see Basterds and I feel less a person for not having done so LOL - it's next on my to do list to be sure

deadhorse13 wrote:

I have yet to see Basterds and I feel less a person for not having done so LOL - it's next on my to do list to be sure

Once it comes out on DVD, you should buy it. It's an awesome film. The dialog scenes are lengthy, but done very well. And the action and the characters are absolutely superb.

oh definitely - I have 'em all - still want to experience it on the big screen though too

edit -d'oh

Last edited by deadhorse13 (2009-10-04 12:06:26)

I read a couple years ago about QT jiving with Uma about the possible sequel involving the young black girl getting her revenge against Uma for killing her mom...

That would be cool.

mdc666 wrote:

I'll believe it when I see it.

That's what I mean about the Eli jab. Alotta talk and NO action. lol

From what I remember Tarantino said he wanted part 3 to be about Vivica Fox's daughter coming to get revenge on the Bride for the murder of her mother in part one.

I just wish they'd get their shit together and release the uncut version of Kill Bill as one movie on DVD that they've been talking about for years.  And the uncut theatrical version of Grindhouse while they're at it.

I don't see a point, but I'm not against it if that is in fact true.  I want the first thing he promised with Kill Bill....the ultimate cut with them together and extended into one movie.  Until we get that, Tarantino, I don't trust his word.

Let's pretend somehow Mr. Pink got away in Res' or dirty cops took the diamonds for themselves and continue with the heist while we're at it LOL

seriously though - who wouldn't love to see a feature length of Keitel as "The Wolf"  *salivates* big_smile

edit - awful sentence

Last edited by deadhorse13 (2009-10-04 14:25:09)

Tarantino already talked about doing a prequel with Mr. Blonde called the Vega Bros. that never happened.  It was going to be Vincent Vega from Pulp Fiction and Vic Vega from Resevoir Dogs.  But since Travolta and Madsen are too old now he says it'll never happen.  Good thing if you ask me.

Tarantino is always talking about all these projects he's going to do.  He talked about Basterds for a decade before it got made.  And then he was going to do all these animated Kill Bill prequels.  I'll watch anything that Tarantino makes, but I'd prefer he do something new and different.

Last edited by mdc666 (2009-10-04 14:27:34)

Tarantino's a self-referencing whore - in a good way LOL - if he doesn't write off-shoots of previous films he'll surely make nods to his previous work in the narratives of his new stuff.

Is it any surprise I wish he'd do more Horror?

I have an idea for Kill Bill 3:  Bring Daryl Hannah back as a blind swordsman (like Zatoichi) trying to get revenge on Kiddo.

It did kind of end really well.

But i'd be down for another one.

I didnt even like the first two films, so this is just gonna go forgotten in my brain