Topic: Blockbuster...DVD's

Our local Blockbuster informed me that they are closing up shop in our town. I don't know how wide spread this is, but I figure that they will be shutting down several. Ours will become an Outlet store selling off its merchandise through November and ultimately shut its doors around the first of December. Might be chance to pick up some movies for really cheap, but its kind of a bad sign IMO.

Last edited by PhilnEdee (2009-10-09 20:52:28)

Re: Blockbuster...DVD's

I stopped shopping at Blockbuster years ago for their refusal to carry certain movies.  It's one thing not to let minors rent NC-17 or unrated movies, it's another thing to not even give me a choice to rent them as an adult.

Blockbuster doesn't rent out unrated movies? I've never noticed.

^ I think certain ones they won't.  The blockbuster by my house wouldn't even carry the Family Guy movie because it was unrated.  That was about the last time I went there.

Shtty, I think the one out here does, the even let minors rent them xD An hour away from here they're allot tougher on the ratings lol

I was the manager of Blockbuster for 2 and a half years and it was a poorly run company and has been on the verge of bankruptcy for a few years now.  I hate to see them go.  Just like Circuit City, there has to be competition for healthy sales.