Topic: Dark Night of the Scarecrow DVD in 2010

Back in August of 2008, it was announced that cult film Dark Night of the Scarecrow was finally coming to DVD .  What was rumored to be a 2009 DVD release from Imagine Entertainment was squashed about a month ago as Writer/Producer J.D. Feigelso...

Read More : Dark Night of the Scarecrow DVD in 2010

Re: Dark Night of the Scarecrow DVD in 2010

FINALLY!!!!!! I LOVE this movie and have looked for it high and low for eons. I COULD get a VHS copy but am not paying the outrageous prices on eBay for a USED one or the astronomical prices for the rare one lol.

I loved this movie from the first time I saw it as a teen when I was living downstate in Queens on a fuzzy Long Island channel. It has stuck with me since then and only recently was I able to track down the correct title, since there are quite a few other movies with scarecrow in it.

Excellent news!!!

My 1300th post!!!...I am now the demon warrior hahaha

Last edited by joe91074 (2009-10-11 17:21:31)

I have never seen this, all the more woe. But I have heard so many good things about this movie that I've longed to see, it's never been available to me and I've never even seen it before, thought I would never get the opportunity either so this is wonderful news to hear.

Much like the original Nosferatu, this is on top of my DVD list when it is finally released. It's been a good horror movie month for new films and new news big_smile

Re: Congratulations on your 1301 post Joe smile! Been a long time a-coming wink

Last edited by BlackTequilaKiss (2009-10-11 17:26:17)

It's about damn time. I can't wait to pick up a copy. big_smile

Suspiria_89 wrote:

It's about damn time. I can't wait to pick up a copy. big_smile

DITTO

I enjoyed it. I havent had time to get my review done yet but probably a 7 or 8 out of 10.  Since it played on TV Halloween 1981 & 1982 I was not yet born and havent had a chance to see it til last night.  It was funnier than I expected and was a blast to see in a packed theater of horror fans at 2am in my favorite 80+ year old theater.  smile

Glad you had a good time, J.  I really wanna see this movie, too

I thought I read about this in Horror Hound or Rue Morgue.  All I have to is it is about time.  I remember seeing this as a kid and totally loving it.

yeah we reported it back in August 2008 that it was gonna come to DVD.  Then back in early september of this year new was that it was indefinately delayed.   But since this came from the mouth of writer/producer feigelson, I trust it  smile

this movie is AMAZINGLY creepy and atmospheric. i kid you not. i have a pretty good version on dvd (i got it off of torrent sites because it WASN'T avail anywhere). i first saw this a LOOONG time ago back when i was a kid and it actually still holds up extremely well today. what is so confusing that they needed to shoot more footage? i like it as it is but i'm interested to see the new ending. GOOD NEWS INDEED!

Great Movie ! my favorite scarecrow movie

^not really a new ending just one additional very brief shot of inside the tractor added.

Sweet. Never seen this, but I sure want to.