Re: Friday the thirteenth remake sequel.

Im looking forward to this, I liked the remake.

With that new Crap "Jason" from F13(2009) again? Who the hell were under the make up FX of that shit?
I'll pass even if i didn't even saw the remake.

Last edited by D@vid (2009-11-18 12:52:09)

i didn''t like remake but finger cross this is much better, i already going like cause of the 3D effects.

the 2009 remake was great! cant wait for a sequel yikes

Gardenofstone10 wrote:

If they can tone down on the mainstream music a little, add more orchestral stuff to the movie....it would be a fantastic piece of art.

Hell-ooooo!!! I totally loved the remake, too, Matty!  So the sequel will be just as bad-ass! 

Oh and I like the OST! In another thread I already mentioned how I d/l'd the OST into my MP3 player so when I go for my run... I'm RUNNING!

Can't be worst than the first one. Maybe too early to say...it gonna suck. You guys are kiddin? Who really enjoyed the remake? It was the worst movie i've ever seen in my entire life..And i saw some weird bad ones!! It gonna turn me O.F.F
Sorry for those who liked this sh!t !! I 100% respect that!!

Why do they need to make a sequel to the piece of crap remake? But as long as Michael Bay has nothing to do with it i'll let it slide smile

Shit I loovveeddd The Friday the 13th remake and I'm a hardcore Jason fan man.

The shot of Jason holding the chick up when they're infront the shower...and he's just got that look on his face like "goddamn I hate you". That's my favorite shot of Jason EVER. It's an awesome freaking moment man.

I know lots of folks had problems with it, but I enjoyed the hell out of it. I'm ALWAYS down for more Jason! We've had our good ones (6 and 7) we've had our bad ones (Jason Goes to Hell and X) but you know, even the bad ones are fun to laugh at so again, the more Jason we got, the better!

"had problems with it" is far too nice a term when it came to the F13 remake IMO. lol

most notably: since when does Jason save a victim? (Whitney)

there's so many ridiculous things going on in this film - sure it has some brutal scenes, but even those didn't offer anything we haven't seen before  hmm
I don't really get the appeal of any of the Platinum Dunes remakes and this has to be one of the most misguided and superficial

That should tell you if I welcome a sequel or not lol

Last edited by deadhorse13 (2010-03-10 22:52:33)

I think I am going to pass on this one.......http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-basic/bash.gif but if I know me i will be watching it whnever it comes out!!

Last edited by helrzr1964 (2010-03-10 23:01:01)

I'm already planning for the F13 remake sequel reboot sequel double-sequel remake McD's action figures for around 2016.  Or is that just a wee to far in advance?
<Snarfles>

The remake was great and can't wait to see whats next cool

Can we make a sequal called Thursday the 12th (can't do Saturday the 14th, already done)?  Make it about early colonists invading sacred Indian burial grounds around lake WhatCahCallIt, and the spirits come out and slice and dice.   Wait, that sounds like a legitimate movie.  Huh.  Amazing how my fevered, alien infested brain could come up with a quasi-new idea, yet Hollywood just, ah, forget it.

"Revange of the revenge the new unhappy campers":lol::lol:!!!! Anyone????

Last edited by D@vid (2010-03-18 10:51:35)

So as if the remake wasn't bad enough, we're now getting a second movie equivalent of masturbating with a cheese grater.

Fabulous.

How about a February the 29th movie?  Make it about some freak who is traumatized by kids when he is younger for only having a birthday 'every 4 years'.  New horror franchise?   I want my cut, baby!

I just watched part 3 for the first time in 3D night before last. I thought for the most part, it sucked in 3D. It seemed to me like the whole 3D effect was a big let down. I thought MBV (3D version) was much better. I guess I'm just not a fan of 3D movies. Maybe being in a dark theater with a really big screen makes a big difference as well......

The new 3D blows the old 3D away.  They're even selling 3D TVs now, though they are fuck all expensive.

I'm not a really big fan of the Friday the 13th movies but I will watch it just because i have seen the others.

I feel bad for people, say, 10-20 years from now.  Want to watch Halloween?  Which one, the original the remake or the sequel remake of the sequel, or the remake of the original sequel part 2, or Part 4, the Reboot remake sequel.  We're going to have to invent a Dewey decimal system for movies at this rate.

I'm up for another one.  I didn't think the remake was an instant classic or anything, but it was a serviceable Friday film.

I can understand why some people (particularly those who have only watched the last few entries to the series) might have been put off by a faster, more calculating Jason.  If you've never Part 2 or 3, I imagine it would seem odd.  Also, if you think that Jason started off wearing a hockey mask, I'm guessing the sack he had on his head during the first part of the movie would seem strange, too.

When people talk about Jason taking victims hostage, I can definitely see their point of view.  Jason already has a "keepsake" of his mother, so I didn't really see the purpose of the hostage.  It seemed to me that either it must have been a long time since the writers (Shannon and Swift) or the director (Nispel) had seen Part 2, or they've just never seen it at all.  The concept of Jason exacting vengeance on behalf of his mother (Part 2) seemed a lot more compelling than the idea that "he just wants be left alone" as the Old Lady (Knower) says in the remake.

Overall though, I thought it was okay and wouldn't mind seeing what they do with the film now that they've gotten the backstory out of the way.

I would start the 2nd movie at the hospital with the last ten minutes of the first movie having been a dream.  That would be a good setup AND make the first movie salvageable.  wink

I don't really like the Friday the 13th movies I'm more of a Freddy fan but I wouldn't mind seeing a new Jason movie but I hope to God its not 3D.

As far as I can tell any news online about the sequel to the remake posted in 2010(after I started this thread)is that it is dead in the water.
If you can find anything different please post it.

It's not dead.  It's just in a holding pattern according to ShockTilYouDropDotCom.  I'd post the link to the story, but as a new member I still can't. 

The movie made a ton of money for its budget.  I think a sequel is pretty much a lock.