Topic: District 9 DVD Specs

One of the best films of the summer in my opinion was District 9.  It was smart, original science fiction, well directed, well written and well acted.  Ever since I saw it I've been waiting for news of the DVD.  Well, here it be.DVDAct...

Read More : District 9 DVD Specs

Re: District 9 DVD Specs

yikes Thats expensive!!! Don't know if thats prices everywhere, mostly hopefully not!

Can't wait for the DVD tho, good special features! big_smile

Geeze...BlueRay is so expensive and I still not sure why...that being said I would like this movie but there is no way I am going to shell out 40$ for it...I wait till I see a used copy online or something

With the power of this movie, I'm shocked they are waiting until after Christmas.  However, it's close enough where people will still have their Christmas money.

Gardenofstone10 wrote:

With the power of this movie, I'm shocked they are waiting until after Christmas.  However, it's close enough where people will still have their Christmas money.

To hell with Christmas...I'm broke now!

Aidan13 wrote:

Geeze...BlueRay is so expensive and I still not sure why...that being said I would like this movie but there is no way I am going to shell out 40$ for it...I wait till I see a used copy online or something

geez man no offense meant here but why are you singling out the blu-ray i agree with you about the price of it but the dvd price is way to expensive also and even though i want to get the movie also i'm not paying that much for dvd or blu-ray also.

a dvd rip of this has been on torrent sites for months. i thought it was just ok. i'm glad i didn't buy this (especially for that price!).

I'm gonna pass on owning this one

hmm... better than no special features, even if it is a high price.

Yeah, that sounds pretty steep.  But it was such a good movie, I'll probably get it at some point.

The DVD or the Blu-Ray won't be that expensive when they come out.  DVD's retail prices are always higher than what they sell for when they are first released.  The DVD for the new Star Trek movie's retail price is $29.99 but then Amazon has it marked down $16.99 which is about the average price for a typical new release.  It will be about the same for District 9 when it comes out.

Last edited by mdc666 (2009-10-12 17:11:34)