Topic: Grind House!!

I don't know about you guys but I have been waiting forever for this film to come out.. The tag team effort of two of my favorite directors in my favorite genre of film? Come on! Its a dream come true.

Now when I first saw the banner with Rose McGowan with her leg replaced by a machine gun I questioned whether I would like it or not.. But when I heard that she does a round house kick in movie and shoots a bunch of zombies in the head with it.. I thought that it was kick ass.

So what are your hopes for the film? I can't wait to see Eli Roths little faux trailer either.. These movies are going to be great!

Re: Grind House!!

I've been excited about this project ever since I heard the first rumor about it.  It is a dream true...2 great directors each making an hour long short.  One a zombie and the other a slasher.  What more could you ask for?  I thought both the banners looked pretty badass.  I cant wait to see this.

Whats the deal with Eli Roth's little faux trailer?

Yea it was announced awhile back that Eli Roth would be directing one of the little trailers that seperate the films.. I think you would glad to hear TiM that they are also no longer just shorts.. They are going to be two full length features..

Ok folks footage has finally arrived from Grind House.. I don't know about you guys but this movie is gonna kick so much ass.. The Machete little faux trailer looks awesome.. All those Machetes in his jacket was just priceless.. Check out the footage..

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_6687.html

That........Looks........Frickin'.......AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow!!!!!!!!

I am very very excited.  Thanks for the info and link Goon.

Yaa that is awesome. I definitely want to see GrindHouse

Oh man. I just watched the footage and I can not be more excited about this. This movie is going to own.

This is, for me anyway the most anticipated horror film in recent years. .
Thanks for posting that Goon. I can't wait for this!

Make mine,
"MACHETTE"!!!  Tarantino teased that maybe, some of the shorts between the main courses could, potentially end up as features as well!!  Sign me up, this'll seperate me from mah 10 buckeroos no doubt!!  The zombies looks cool n' the violence is waaaaaaayy high!!

Two great tastes that taste great together!!  Kirk as a homicidal killer, with a fat muscle car ta' boot??  Priceless.

AHyuh,
Bubbz
(been vacationing and killing me varmints)

Yea indeed he did.. I would love to see Machette developed into a full movie.. I love that scene when he opens his coat and its wall to wall machettes.. Great stuff..

The footage is great and I don't know if you guys saw it or not but the played the trailer and gave both directors an award on the Scream Awards on Spike TV the other night. They also showed a new clip from Saw 3, from what I watched we gore hounds will not be disappointed in either of these films.

Yea I was watching.. I taped the friggin thing! I have to say I was alittle disappointed with the show though.. The only real highlights for me was the Grindhouse footage and seeing Sid Haig finally getting some recognition..

These movies just get better and better.  I'd love to see the Machete one with Danny Trejo become a movie too.  Hope so.

I really didn't know how many movies Sid Haig has been in until I looked him up but I really like him as an actor, yea they gave recognition to a lot of people that deserved it. Sid, Frank Miller, comics in general, and even some indie flicks if I remember right.

I wanna see Carmen and little Junie at home, eating popcorn and seeing what their Uncle Machete used to do for a living on DVD.   It'd blow their little spy minds! big_smile

Seriously, I have not looked forward to a movie like this in years.  April can't come soon enough!

Saw the trailer...   F@*KIN' A!!!!  Can't wait for this to hit the theater!

saw the fucken new trailer it fucken rocks this movie is going to better then transformers its going to be better then the batman anything, whatever is opening the same weekend this is its going to blow it out of the water i am loving this movie the trailers are so awsome and death proof friggin looks awsome and bruce willis in the new trailer friggin awsome carnt wait to see it and i will be there on the first day it opens plaus i love the old feel of the movie.

Heh yea the new trailer is just as bad ass.. I think they might have went alittle overboard explaining the concept though.. Still the actual bits they showed were great.. Check it out...

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_7113.html

OH, I dunno, partsa that Transformers trailer were pretty damn cool... http://saturn.kjellerstua.net/~torgeir/img/gif/whistle.gifbig_smile

But if the Ridiculously rockin' GH trailer is to be believed, both films are FEATURE LENGTH!  Which means 3.5 to four hours of Grindhouse glory!  Woo!

I can't wait for this to come out!!!  It looks really really good!!!!

Looks so fucking awesome!  Gonna be a great way to spend an afternoon.  I hope that the films looks like it does in the trailer, gritty, dirty, a little burned and such....that would be perfect.

Also be cool as Grindhouse as such sequel potential.  Like every few years a double feature of exploitation films put out under the Grindhouse logo...that would be sweet.  And possibly get one or two of the old Grindhouse directors in on it.

Though, I must ask.  The Weinsteins are producing it so I am holding my breath a little.  I don't mean to play Devil's Advocate or be a buzz kill...but I am wondering if at the last minute Dimension splits Grindhouse and plays Planet Terror and Death Proof seperatly or tell the theater owners to charge double for it in order to get more of a profit. 

Don't mean to bring anything down..but just something I was thinking about today while having lunch at Costco.  Though since Tarantino and Rodriguez have worked with the Weinsteins before and made them heaps of cash...this shouldn't happen.

Still...Grindhouse looks cool as hell and I can't wait.

Last edited by thegoldensimatar (2006-12-21 23:53:35)

already both directors have said grindhouse will cost $8 so you get 2 movies for the price of one what a bargin, the best bargin ever in a cinema.

i am so excited for this flick to drop.

I don't think the weinsteins would fuck with their two biggest cash cows.. I mean Rodriguez and Tarantino are the two directors that bring in the largest amount of cash for them.. If they mess with their vision they will obviously loose more than just fans.. They will lose two of the best directors in Hollywood..