Topic: New Horror on DVD October 13th

After what was a pretty busy week for horror releases on DVD last week,
the spending is most likely to continue this week as another good crop
of films is being released.  Of course the main title highlighting the
week is Sam Raimi's return t...

Read More : New Horror on DVD October 13th

Re: New Horror on DVD October 13th

I'll be picking up Drag Me to Hell in a day or two.  Besides that probably nothing, I already found a copy of Happy Birthday to Me that was put on the shelves a week early.

^Is it the old version of the Happy Birthday to Me DVD or the new version?

Also on a side note, the original list was missing the film Hardware, so that has been added and deserves some consideration as well.

It's the 80's version but with the original score from the theatrical version that had been altered for the first DVD release.

I have only seen Happy Birthday to Me on TV, so dunno which version I have seen: with the original soundtrack or with the completely changed soundtrack.

Heading out the door for a hot meal and grabbing Drag Me To Hell and The Hills Run Red big_smile

Hardware is on the way!!

Drag me to Hell is firmly on top of my list. The wait (over where I am) is a little longer so it gives me a nice chance to save up for that and Trick R Treat. After reading some reviews on Hardware I am interested in this movie but might rent before I buy big_smile

I'm picking up Happy Birthday to Me for sure, but what I am really excited about is Hardware!  I use to watch that all the time with my brother when it came out, then I just kinda forgot about it.

I can't wait to rent Hardware. Besides that nothing else gets my attention.

I dont think I am picking anything up this week, although I may have to give Hardware a rent

Hardware, hell yeah!

BlackTequilaKiss wrote:

Drag me to Hell is firmly on top of my list. The wait (over where I am) is a little longer so it gives me a nice chance to save up for that and Trick R Treat. After reading some reviews on Hardware I am interested in this movie but might rent before I buy big_smile

I can remember Hardware being quite good, but not for all tastes. I would rent first for sure.

I'm looking forward to seeing Happy Birthday To Me and the original Stepfather again!

Thank you AHF big_smile

BlackTequilaKiss wrote:

Thank you AHF big_smile

No prob!

Can't wait to watch some new and hopefully good horror movies!

I've been waiting for Drag me to Hell for a while now and I really hope it's good.

I warn you all people that are getting hardware, i received it in the mail today, and the dvd case is really cheap, one of the disks was sliding around and got scratched to shit, and the disc one holder the clip is broken on it. Kinda upsetting, idk if i should return it or, just shell out the 5$ to get it buffed hmm urgh....

^^ pR1m, you paid good money in faith it would come in decent enough condition it didn't deliver on that so I'd return it. If they cannot even send you a decent copy why should they keep money for it? I'd send it back hun and get a better copy you deserve that, at the least.

Yeah, but i ordered off amazon.com because it is released in Canada on nov. 10th. I paid for one night shipping which was more than the movie idk. I paid 20$ and 23$ for S&H. Idk its frustrating, i wish there was a awesome horror and scifi movie store with tons of hard to find movies lol.

pR1m, odd question but do you have a region free DVD player?

Oh yeah, just picked up Hardware and Happy Birthday to Me!

I actually thought Hardware was boring as hell. It didn't interest me at all but I did watch it to the end and like I said borrring!

Picked up Happy Birthday to me.  Will eventually get Drag me to Hell, but I'm waiting for a price reduction due to lack of features, and the fact I need to save a little dough this month if possible!

BlackTequilaKiss wrote:

pR1m, odd question but do you have a region free DVD player?

No i wish LOL, i actually want to get one just for creepshow 2 disc tho.

And im returning hardware for a new copy, the 2nd disc is beyond buffing, I did watch it, the first half was cool, a bit slow imo, still managed to keep me watching, the 2nd half was pretty awesome imo.

Thats the best thing to do pRm1, you paid alot for  that film and shouldn't have to accept it in that condition.
I've returned a few films for the exact same reason, you pay for a brand new dvd and thats the condition you should get it in.