Topic: Where The Wild Things Are

I just got back from seeing this movie and this is my second favorite movie of the year behind Zombieland.  The people behind me in the theater, after the movie, said it was the stupidest movie they have ever seen.  Which to me says they didn't read the book.  I have read the book no less than 100 times and thought the movie lived up to the book and exceeded it because they had to add so much more to the movie.  Has anyone else seen it?  If so, what did you think of it?

Side note, my friend said it was darker than the book.....the book was quite dark.  Maybe it's just me, but I didn't see any major differences.

Re: Where The Wild Things Are

I want to see this so bad! Looks like one of those kids films that isn't really for kids.
if that makes any sense

Last edited by pR1m3vil (2009-10-18 00:54:12)

No, I wouldn't let any kid under 10 see it.  It's very dark and almost scary.  I wanted to cry a few times, as well.  Great movie.  10 out of 10

Cool, glad to hear its awesome!

pR1m3vil wrote:

I want to see this so bad! Looks like one of those kids films that isn't really for kids.
if that makes any sense

It does make sense.
I said that about the original Willy Wonka.

Never read the book but seen the trailer and I'll admit I am curious smile

I liked it wink

Haven't read it since I was a kid.

With this being one of my favorite films, I decided to write a review on moviesonline.ca
http://www.moviesonline.ca/movie_review … p?id=13902

I really want to see this.. it was one of my favorite books as a kid.. i did multiple book reports and projects on it ..lol

Check out my review, then.  I don't think you'll be disappointed, then.

Garden, I am going to see this.  I loved the book as a kid and I'm a big fan of Spike Jonze.  The imagery I've seen so far is stunning.  I don't get out to the theater much, but I will be seeing this.

Last edited by sMart (2009-10-19 04:11:25)

I felt like I was one of only a few people who really caught on to the movie and loved it with every ounce of love....but seeing it open with about 35 million makes me so happy.  I can't say enough good about it.  Word of mouth

I read this book as a kid.  I remember very, very little of the story itself but the big-headed monster always stuck with me.  When I saw the trailer for the first time, I thought, wow, it looks just like I remember it from the book.  And I'm happy to see that he's not CGI, at least as far as I can tell.  Practical monster FX have fallen out of favor the last decade or so, and it makes me smile that Spike Jonz went old school for it.

Cool review. I will def be buying this on dvd if i dont see it  in theaters.

Awesome movie, one of the best I saw the whole year.