Re: Grindhouse Rating Problems?

It's unfortunate that I won't be seeing this.  After the Blockbuster/Weinstein deal, I simply cannot find my way to putting anything into either of their corporate pockets.  No matter how little.  It's a good thing that there is only one movie on their schedule that I'll truly miss.

If I were to see it, I'd view it is an "R" in the theater no problem.  Then purchase the unrated version on DVD later.

What's that about the Blockbuster/Weinstein deal?

I'm guessing he doesn't support what the Weinstein's do with their films.  Makes sense, but they have put out a lot of good flicks in the near past.

Ok, next question. What do the Weinsteins do with their films? And another question, who are the Weinsteins?

http://www.usatoday.com/money/media/200 … eins_x.htm

found it, never mind

Don't get me wrong, they put out good quality films, but, lately, they seem to mess around with the release dates and what not.  "Feast" comes to mind.

I'm not defending them but there's a small possibility that they push around the release dates to deliver a better product. Although it's more probable that they do that because they don't want to compete with other releases.

R

ITS R! 

I just saw a commerical and it says it has been given an R rating.

That could either be a good thing or a bad thing.  If it's a heavily edited R, then it's a bad thing.  If it's a balls to the walls R, then it's a good thing.  Let's hope for the best.  I'm still gonna see this on April 6th.  No matter what.

Agree with Tim. Can't wait to see it.

Same here. I doesn't matter how much do the Mexican guys edit it.

I never go to the theater opening night and seldom on weekends usually the first showing, I go during weekdays mostly, point is to many times kids and drunken idiots yell and make out to the point I can't even enjoy the show.

I will read a couple reviews and get a feel for it and then decide.

Well, you can expect some reviews to emerge right here.  I like going to the shows on opening night.  They give away free posters and stuff.  smile

I actually do the same thing as golden, I usually go when nobody else goes. I'll probably go for an early show to watch Grindhouse and skip a few classes. tongue