Topic: Grindhouse poll

Since the news broke out last night about possible huge cuts in the Grindhouse film, I figure I make a poll about it.

I voted for a double release full NC17 limited one and "R" mainstream.

Re: Grindhouse poll

Double release for me.  There are a few theaters nearby (though a longer drive) that usually have limited release so they'll probably have NC17.  Which would be awesome to catch early show of Unrated and then a later show of R to see what was cut out.

Show the film as it was meant to be seen and screw the rating system. R gets my vote and if it loses out on the younger audience maybe it was meant to be. They knew what they were filming in the first place so go with it. "R"

Though I hate to see directors having to bend to "the system", I think the only choice is to do whatever you need to do to get the "R" rating.  If this film doesn't get distribution, there is little chance in hell that we will see any other projects like this get a green light in the future.  Us hardcore film fans will be buying the unrated version anyway when it comes out on video.

It sucks but film is a business.

thegoldensimatar wrote:

Double release for me.  There are a few theaters nearby (though a longer drive) that usually have limited release so they'll probably have NC17.  Which would be awesome to catch early show of Unrated and then a later show of R to see what was cut out.

I agree

Nope.  Screw the MPAA.  Pull a "Dawn of the Dead '78" and release the thing wide and unrated!  And plug it big time as such.  Make it almost taboo to go see for high schoolers... add to the novelty of it... AND the authenticity.

I think we have all forgotten the key component in this....the theater owners.  If they don't agree to it, it won't go through.  If they do...a good chance a NC17 version will get a wider release.

kevinj4 wrote:

Though I hate to see directors having to bend to "the system", I think the only choice is to do whatever you need to do to get the "R" rating.  If this film doesn't get distribution, there is little chance in hell that we will see any other projects like this get a green light in the future.

Fact is this movie wouldn't have been greenlit unless QT and RR were the directors.. No one else would have gotten the greenlight to do a back to back film with faux trailers in-between.. This is all about the big names involved..

I say, show the "R" rated movie all day and make the last show of the day a "NC17".

Show it the way it was meant to be seen. This is so much bullshit it's not funny

I nulled it, because I could care less.  That may sound wierd, but I just wanna see the damn film.  Eventually, we will all get a chance to see an unrated version of "Grindhouse".

As much as I hate to say it I think they should just release it in a R rating and save the rest for the dvd. Trust if they do end up releasing a NC-17 version you'll probably have a hard time seeing it anyways, thats just how the movie companies work. One film I think everyone should see though is "This Film Has Not Yet Been Rated" it's a documentary from last year about the rating systems in the US. They actually talk about some horror films like "American Psycho " and there are some great interveiws. It really opened my mind.