Topic: Just watched HOUSE OF THE DEVIL on HDnet movies. GOOD!

A nice throwback to the great occult horror films of the 70's and 80's. No spoilers since it opens in theaters this weekend, but I'll say that it has very good atmosphere and buildup that reaches a horrific conclusion. One of the very best horror films this year, imo. Don't go expecting a body-count slasher or a torure film, but it delivers on it's premise.

Re: Just watched HOUSE OF THE DEVIL on HDnet movies. GOOD!

does it have demons fucking the shit out of people???

or is it about some stupid bitch and her heartack being terrorised... and some gay subtle message about religion and how ghey humans are?

Stupid bitch-no terrorism-no fucking or demon-no overt gayness-no message(yay)-no explanation-blood-ritual-knife-brains-pizza.

I wish I had known that was on.  I would have loved to have seen that.  Are they airing it again on HDnet that you kinow of? 

P.S.
Has anyone seen the Willam Defoe movie Antichrist yet and if so is it any good?

I don't believe they are showing it again, no.

I wrote a review on this last week that explains a bit more. You can find it if you search.

well going by the sounds of your review... it sounds like it should be an interesting watch - hopefully some really satisfying scenes

I saw this movie onDemand today and was debating whether or not to watch it. I decided to go with El Superbeasto (That movie cracks me up - 'Nazi Zombies Fucking with my day now...'). I'm always disapointed with movies based on Satan or the occult (which is perplexing because Satanism and demonology is one of my favorite subjects to follow). They always downplay it and make it more about the devil worshippers ass backward philosophies. Really the only good movies based on the subject (in my opinion) are Rosemary's Baby, Devil's Prey and The Ninth Gate (I could throw The Exorcist in there too but I put that in a different catogory - Really doesn't pertain to the followers of Satan or any specific demon. Just the Devil, himself). I'll give this one a watch and see. Although movies like this are dipicly shown on SciFi in a year or so.

"Why are you stealing the dead from me?"

I just watched House of the Devil and I thought it was pretty damn good. It had a great atmosphere, good music and I loved how it was set in the 80's.

saw this last night with 3 friends. was all right. the whole movie kinda dragged, but it was better than a lot of other stuff i've seen...especially for an indy film. acting was solid, but the majority of the movie has no talking. thought it would be scarier, given the high reviews i've seen for this film, but it wasn't really scary at all.

Last edited by believethehype (2009-11-16 10:33:16)