Topic: Mister B Gone

I just finished reading Clive Barker's Mister B Gone.  I opened it up at the bookstore and realy thought it would be a great read  but it wasn't what I expected..  I felt a little disappointed.

so has anyone else read this book ? if so, what did you think ???

Last edited by MistressOf Horror (2009-11-10 16:41:55)

Re: Mister B Gone

Well I myself am a big fan of Barker's work and bought MrB gone a while ago. But I haven't started reading it yet. I don't know, for some reason it does not attract me..

I love Clive Barker's books..   I was excited about this book and was disappointed   sad

Wow really? I haven't read Mister B Gone, but I've heard many good things about it.

That's disappointing...the book's been on my list for a while now. 

I just started Abarat and I love it.  I got a nice copy with his illustrations.

maybe its just that expected a darker type story with more horror..  Its a fabulous tale and well written..  but not the usual Clive Barker..

I liked it but I agree it's a bit 'tamer' than his other stories.  I thought the story was interesting and I wanted to find out how it would end so that makes it a good book for me. smile

I did like the whole " burn the book " style of writing

I bought this on impulse a while ago, got home and saw it was getting pretty bad reviews by a majority of readers, so I returned it and got something else instead.  Havent had any interest to go back and revisit it.

Boring boring boring!!

The story was nothing but lame. I'm not a huge fan of his writting but I do love 'The Hellbound Heart'.

Baby_Firefly wrote:

Boring boring boring!!

The story was nothing but lame. I'm not a huge fan of his writting but I do love 'The Hellbound Heart'.

Your after my heart Baby..........I wholehearted agree with you.

starkravingmad wrote:
Baby_Firefly wrote:

Boring boring boring!!

ha ha well it doesn't take much to see it's really lacking. The only good idea was the demon telling you to burn the book.

No, haven't read it.  I like his other stuff, but if MoH doesn't like, I'll skip.

Baby_Firefly wrote:
starkravingmad wrote:
Baby_Firefly wrote:

Boring boring boring!!

ha ha well it doesn't take much to see it's really lacking. The only good idea was the demon telling you to burn the book.

Well I dont believe peoples here recognize and appreciate your sound views on thing Baby.

starkravingmad wrote:
Baby_Firefly wrote:
starkravingmad wrote:

Well I dont believe peoples here recognize and appreciate your sound views on thing Baby.

aww no I don't think that. Well i'm not the sharpest tool in the shed anyways LOL. But thanks! big_smile

Baby_Firefly wrote:
starkravingmad wrote:
Baby_Firefly wrote:

aww no I don't think that. Well i'm not the sharpest tool in the shed anyways LOL. But thanks! big_smile

LOL and your welcame Babz

Is that like the Scrubbing Bubbles with "dirt begone"?  Or am I mixing up my commercials, again?

WTF???:lol::lol:

starkravingmad wrote:

WTF???:lol::lol:

You never saw that commercial?  Dude, the bubbly scrub pads raced around like midget blue go-carts!  And the women/wife/sex  object stood there and went "woo eee!"

OHHHHHHHHH thaattt one hey forgive me I havent slept in like forever it seems:/:P

Last edited by starkravingmad (2010-04-08 06:25:25)

starkravingmad wrote:

OHHHHHHHHH thaattt one hey forgive me I havent slept in like forever it seems:/:P

we understand

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/21/33570155_fa856e2578.jpg

oh dear god:lol::lol::/:(

Yeah, things get weird arund here sometmes.

http://www.creepygif.com/images/full/548.gif

big_smilecool

What is really scary is that some restaurants serve bull penis

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/69/218006436_54f2f44dbc.jpg