Topic: Nightmare on Elm Street remake

i have made a poll asking horror fans if there should ever be a Nightmare on Elm Street remake.

Re: Nightmare on Elm Street remake

Hell no!

Obviously not. That question is in the same branch as "do you want me to cut off your balls with a rusty knife?".

I don't mind remakes, but this movie is too perfect for a remake period!  So I say, NO!!

Absoloutely not.

Noooooooooooooo wayyyyyyy.  Noone can beat Robert Englund as Freddy! Come onnnnnnnnn!

Like most remakes, there is nothing to be gained by remaking this film.

Never remake.  The most you can do is CGI effects and different dreams...thats about it.

Would like to see a prequel though, one point John McNaughton was rumored to helm it.

I don't care. I agree that most remakes aren't great. But I am a fan of horror so I watch them. People complain too much about remakes. Take it for what it is, don't expect a masterpeice. If you don't like it don't watch it.

The answer will always be "no".

thegoldensimatar wrote:

Never remake.  The most you can do is CGI effects and different dreams...thats about it.

Would like to see a prequel though, one point John McNaughton was rumored to helm it.

I wouldn't even care to see a prequel.  I can do without seeing a pre-death Freddy pedophile running around snatching kids...unless they show Freddy walking into the "To Catch a Predator" house and being questiond by Chris Hancock...that would be funny as hell!

Last edited by Bulin (2007-03-20 00:31:14)

No, There should never a Nightmare On Elm Street remake. The movie is too good to remake.

Well I seem to be the only one who doesn't care. I never liked Freddy. Too ridiculous a character.

Why do you think he's ridiculous? Because of his quotes?

NvrzKn3w wrote:

No, There should never a Nightmare On Elm Street remake. The movie is too good to remake.

my exact thoughts

no

no to the reamake but i woud like see other Nightmare movies

MindFuk wrote:
NvrzKn3w wrote:

my exact thoughts

Whoa are you actually saying you don't want too see a remake MindFuk?!!....well I don't either but I guess I wouldn't really care if it got another squeal.

skfan wrote:
MindFuk wrote:
NvrzKn3w wrote:

my exact thoughts

Whoa are you actually saying you don't want too see a remake MindFuk?!!....well I don't either but I guess I wouldn't really care if it got another squeal.

yah, i know before i thought it would be sweet, maybe it was just the excitment of finding out halloween is being remade..but if they did nightmare..then would they want friday..they are forever gonna do remakes, i just think they should leave original classics alone. squeal? thats a different story.