Topic: The Final Destination (3D Only for Blu-ray).

The very gimmick-heavy fourth entry into Death's favorite franchise, The Final Destination, will be coming roaring home to Blu-ray and DVD on January 5th, 2010, along with some good and bad news.

For a limited time the Blu-ray will feature both 2D and 3D versions of the flick along with 2 pairs of 3D glasses. The DVD? Not so much. Also exclusive to Blu-ray will be:

•Two Alternate Endings
•Body Counts: The Deaths of The Final Destination featurette
•Pre-Visualization/Storyboard segments
•Exclusive Features via BD-Live
•Digital Copy of the movie
Sorry, DVD owners. You're missing out again.

dreadcentral.com

i know the movies was that good, i was still looking forward to get this movie on DVD,
I am so fucking pissed off right now, mad i wanted see this fucking  3D effect in own house,  now the only fucking  way to see The Final Destination  in 3D  is Blu-ray on DVD.:mad:

Not everyone can wasit there fucking money on the HD rip off  Blu-ray Players.:mad:

This is  just fucking kick in teeth for Final Destinations fans like me.:mad:

Re: The Final Destination (3D Only for Blu-ray).

Even though I have a Blu Ray player, it does make me upset that there are special features only included on the Blu Ray, but even more so is that only the 3D version will be available.  If that isn't the ultimate FUCK YOU to DVD only owners.

tongue

MacheteMassacre wrote:

Even though I have a Blu Ray player, it does make me upset that there are special features only included on the Blu Ray, but even more so is that only the 3D version will be available.  If that isn't the ultimate FUCK YOU to DVD only owners.

I wouldn't call it an F.U. to the DVD owners. I think it's because 3D doesn't play as well on DVD as it does on Blu-Ray. I watched that 3D movie with Brendan Fraser about the center of the earth thing on both DVD and Blu-Ray and the 3D looks much better on the Blu-Ray by far.

I meant to see this movie in the theatre, but never got around to it. I'm certainly looking forward to getting this one on Blu-Ray.

On second thought...F.U. to all the DVD only owners.  tongue   Just joking.

This sucks cause i saw it in the cinema & wanted to compare it on dvd. I also don't have Hd & all that shit so looks like i'll have to be content with it in 2D.:|

That's what I'm talking about.  People like ZOMBIE SLASHER are getting the shaft.  DVD copies are only usually cheaper by like 5 bucks and you don't get as much as you use to.

again...if someone is paying more for a blu ray they should get more features!  makes sense to me at lest...and to LDM's point, blu ray 3d movies do look a lot better

There really trying to push that blu-ray shit. I have a blu-ray player and it still pisses me off.

I think its time for me to switch, its just a matter of time before BluRay exclusive movies.

It's not fair. I can't afford a Blu Ray and because I only have a DVD player I get the short end of the stick? I can understand they want to make Blu Ray more dominant but it's not fair on those that cannot afford high price brackets. neutral

Bulin wrote:

again...if someone is paying more for a blu ray they should get more features!  makes sense to me at lest...and to LDM's point, blu ray 3d movies do look a lot better

Blu Rays cost more cause they cost more to produce.  You use to get all kinds of features on DVD's until Blu Ray started gaining steam.  Blu Ray is the next big thing so they are trying to get people to switch, which is smart.  I understand what you guys are saying, it's just a bummer because most people still don't have Blu Ray players, so they miss out on a cool features or in this case, 3D.

I love Blu Ray and buy everything I can on it, but who would pay thousands of dollars for a tv, hundreds more on blu ray, only to sit through a crystal clear movie with those annoying red and blue glasses on.  Completely losing out on the color?  3D on home video just doesn't work as well because it's ugly.  If they can find a way to make it those clear glasses, they might be able to hold on to the 3D gimmick a little longer.

^I read somewhere they are working on it.

If they do that, I would actually watch more of the 3D movies.  I own a few "3D" movies on both DVD and Blu Ray and always click 2D....Partly because I don't wear glasses or contacts and wearing any sort of glasses gives me a headache, but you just lose all the color.  It's a dumb gimmick.  However, I saw Toy Story 1 and 2 in 3D in the theater and it was so amazing

BlackTequilaKiss wrote:

It's not fair. I can't afford a Blu Ray and because I only have a DVD player I get the short end of the stick? I can understand they want to make Blu Ray more dominant but it's not fair on those that cannot afford high price brackets. neutral

I dont pay for Showtime and have to wait for Dexter to come out on video....same concept.