Topic: ninja assassin

is anyone as pumped up about this film as i am november 25th can't come soon enough

Re: ninja assassin

lol I'd probably see it for shits and giggles! Looks like it'll be bloody tho! smile

it sounds cool - i havent seen or heard anything though - but with a title like ninja assassin - its gotta be good

I'm also excited about this one. Hopefully it will be full of blood and gore.

Game on for me.. can't wait. big_smile

-deadmanwalkin

I'd rather see Mortal Kombat 3, but this one looks like it will make a great rental...I said that about GI Joe and I ended up buying that one

Takeing a look on that this film feeling is very upset

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P40iKxVLdzE

Last edited by aceofspades70 (2009-11-12 15:11:27)

My and my buddy are going to see this after Thanksgiving day I believe.
I haven't seen any trailers for it, but the title sounds really cool.

Looks good, I love martial arts flicks

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdZa8E7pQAQ[/youtube]

Last edited by Godzilla_Rules (2009-11-15 11:13:23)

This film came out in theatures yesterday. Anybody go and see it?

not yet, i may see it or new moon this week

looks great The only bad review said "likely disappoint action fans with excessive CGI gore." Which to me says the reviewer doesn’t know a damn thing about its intended audience.

I don't like CGI either. But I want to see this film anyway. But if the characters and the story is cool, I'll be okay.

I saw it today and it was not very good. acting and story was bad. but one good thing I can say is the Asian dude looks hot without his shirt off tongue tongue  and lots and lots of bloody gore!

I really want to see this flick. Looks pretty fun.

Godzilla_Rules wrote:

I saw it today and it was not very good. acting and story was bad. but one good thing I can say is the Asian dude looks hot without his shirt off tongue tongue  and lots and lots of bloody gore!

Well, that's good that it's really gory. Honestly, I don't go to a film called "ninja assassin" for thought-provoking story or Oscar-winning acting, so I think I'll enjoy it.

I don't like the fact that a lot of the gore is CGI. But it might still be a good movie. 300 was full of CGI gore but I still love it.

Eeek....I'm not so sure I wan't to see this film now. Bad acting, bad story, and CGI gore? I thought it would be better then that. I'll still end up renting it though.

Bad acting, bad story and OTT CGI Gore? Sounds like the 'so bad, it's good' catagory, now I have to see this! big_smile

Suspiria_89 wrote:

I don't like the fact that a lot of the gore is CGI. But it might still be a good movie. 300 was full of CGI gore but I still love it.

well said i agree with this i saw it this past thursday and i didn't like the cgi blood at all but i really enjoyed the film especially the showdown at the end (don't want to spoil it for anyone) and the martial arts moves.

Yeah, I caught this one. 

SUCKED.

I love martial arts movies.  I love well-choreographed fights.  I love ninjas.  But this flick was basically a video game.  No heart, no soul, just one dead ninja after another and the "hero" has ZERO charisma.  I totally understand why it's getting trashed by critics.

Another thing; choreographed fights are one thing, but the stop/go, super slo-mo/rapid speed-up knee jerks this flick executes nonstop are a PAIN IN THE ASS.  Whatever happened to just showing guys fighting in real time, so we can really see how good they are without the aid of camera trickery? 

Yeah.  It's crap.

yourmotheratemydog715 wrote:

I really want to see this flick. Looks pretty fun.

Godzilla_Rules wrote:

Well, that's good that it's really gory. Honestly, I don't go to a film called "ninja assassin" for thought-provoking story or Oscar-winning acting, so I think I'll enjoy it.

It is just plain bad. Seriously. Even the martial arts sucked. You never really saw any real martial arts moves. everything was hidden in shadows. you saw the end results like a persons head sliced open but you do not actually see the person doing it or any of the moves. Your better off watching a rerun of Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon lol

I went in not expecting much, and it was entertainging but past that nothin to write home about.  Some interesting kills and gore at the beginning, a really slow torudging backflash plot, and really thats about it.  Some of the action was fun but you cant really expect much from a movie like this.

Come on.... it is Sho Kosugi's first REAL film in 15 years. Just seeing him return to cinema is awesome. Shows respect for the genre. Enter the Ninja, Return of the Ninja, and Ninja 3 Domination are all sub-par films by today's attention deficit disorder suffering audience... but they are still classic's for the cult followers of that particular sub-genre of martial arts films from the late 70's to mid 80's. I for one don't expect "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" or some Oscar worthy contender. I just expect some ultra-violent, Ninja slaughtering, with cliched bad guys and the aforementioned triumphant return of THE Ninja master - Sho Kosugi.

jmh314 wrote:

I went in not expecting much, and it was entertainging but past that nothin to write home about.  Some interesting kills and gore at the beginning, a really slow torudging backflash plot, and really thats about it.  Some of the action was fun but you cant really expect much from a movie like this.

Ya the opening scene was awesome LOL

The black chick looked familiar to me. Was she the same gal in Alien v.s Predator?

Last edited by Godzilla_Rules (2009-11-29 11:08:34)