Topic: What is the best trilogy?

I found myself watching "Clerks 2" the other day, and this question popped into my head.  What do you think is the best trilogy?  Me?  I had to null vote, because, to be honest, I'm not a big fan of either.  So, which is it?

Re: What is the best trilogy?

I definitely have to go with Star Wars. I did like LOTR alot but Star Wars by a long shot. Have always been watching Star Wars my entire life and everything that goes into it makes it so phenominal. The ideas that went into making Star Wars, from start to finish, makes it more of a fascinating and more exciting story than LOTR. All they do in LOTR, is take a ring, go on a 5 day hike up the mountain, where they have to avoid insects, trees, and ghosts, and then drop the ring in lava. But now if you look at Star Wars, you definitely have a lot more going on. You have tons more action and a better storyline. Also they don't have to worry about destroying some ring.

I had to go with LOTR.  I like Star Wars, but I just think that It's a little out dated and has to many strange followers that make everything about Star Wars there life.

Star Wars hands down.. Lets face it LOTR is about WALKING.. Like they said in Clerks 2.. I mean it was WAY too long for its own good.. I could have made that entire triology in one movie.. Star Wars is an epic tale.. I'm not really a huge fan of either triology but this is just obvious if you ask me..

Star Wars is not a trilogy!

Star Wars

skidog wrote:

Star Wars is not a trilogy!

There are 2 sets of trilogies of Star Wars movies. Episodes I, II, and III are a trilogy. While episodes IV, V, and VI are another trilogy.

star wars deff.  LOTR movies were jsut ppl walking 3 movies of ppl walkign to a fuckign volcano hahah clerks 2 awesome movies but im not a fan of either one but i rather watch star wars

Star Wars, no doubt. You can't top "Luke, I'm your father."

I'm going with Star Wars.... but I like LOTR too

Laugh it up fuzzball!

if your rating part 4,5 and 6..LOTR doesn't have a chance neither do a lot of films those are classic films in my oppinion.

Lord of the Rings

Yeah has to be Star Wars

I knew this poll would be interesting.  By the way, I'm talking about the OLD "Star Wars" trilogy.  Not the new, digitalized crap.

Oh well...I still like LOTR better.  Though I do enjoy the original Star Wars series and consider them classics that will last for decades to come...I prefer LOTR as I think its a more engaging story.

I picked Lord of the Rings..

Star Wars!!!

star wars, no doubt in my mind

Haven't seen the new Star Wars crap.  To me the only Star Wars movies are : Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.  As for the hobbits, that's just not my stein of beer.

Jurassic Park and Indiana Jones!

I voted for the ORIGINAL Star Wars triliogy.  I enjoy LOTR as much as the next person, but it is too long and after watching the movies so much, it is hard to stay put.  Besides, Darth Vader is one of the coolest characters ever.  If it was the new Star Wars triliogy, then I would've voted for LOTR.  The CGI in the new Star Wars triliogy isn't that good and I hate Jar Jar Binks (even if he is only really in Episode 1).

Last edited by vorwald2006 (2007-03-29 16:00:51)

star wars. the empire strikes back is my fav. of the three.

The Epitome of Fear wrote:

Haven't seen the new Star Wars crap.  To me the only Star Wars movies are : Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.  As for the hobbits, that's just not my stein of beer.

Same here. I haven't watched any of the last 3 Star Wars films at all. I love the original 1977 Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back.

ill take the heat. i liked the pt not loved but liked. im a huge star wars nerd we devoted a room in the house just for my sw toys. the main prob with the pt is that you know going in what the out come is going to be. anikin=vader jedi order dead and the rise of the empire. 6 hours of exposistion we pretty much knew allready.

I loved the Star Wars films, they're so good...I really never got into the LoTR...could really care less about Frobo Boggins or whatever his name is.