Topic: Wes Craven Talks His Upcoming Projects

Wes Craven has a lot coming up and while he was out and about pumping up The Hills Have Eyes 2 ComingSoon.net asked the man about some of his upcoming projects. More specifically he was asked about a possible "Shocker" remake.
"Well, that film has n...

Read More : Wes Craven Talks His Upcoming Projects

Re: Wes Craven Talks His Upcoming Projects

Goon, I concur with you on in your comments about People Under the Stairs.  How can you really improve that film, while Shocker the best way to improve that would be to throw the whole thing in the garbage and start with a new screen play.  I always said it was shockingly bad.

He's out of ideas and wants more cash. There's no need to remake his films, not even Shocker. He should come up with something original or at least, a sequel.

I think this is a terrible idea.  First of all, a remake of "The Last House on the Left" would never make it to theaters, unless heavily edited, which would down right suck.  "The People Under The Stairs" was actually a good film, so I don't think it should ever be remade.  Remaking "Shocker" won't improve anything, the film is just awful.  Give us something original, Wes.

I completely agree with the rest of you. I don't know whats going on with Mr. Craven right now. I mean he's my favorite director of all time but he seems to be in remake mode and doesn't want to try and do anything original......and please I'm begging you please don't remake "The People Under the Stairs" just leave the great original alone!