Topic: Saw 4

When is Saw 4 suppose to hit theatres?

Re: Saw 4

Street date right now is October 26, 2007.

Saw has come out the day before halloween or on holloween for the last 3 movies so I expect this one to be the same.

This movie will be the best of all the franchise and it's not over!! Liongates just confirmed Saw 5 and 6. SO NICE!!!!!!!

I think Saw is one of the best horror movies of our time. Every year they get bigger badder and yes even more bloodier. Saw 4 is said to be the best one yet and thats one reason why Bousman came back to the directors chair for this one. The thing i love about the Saw movies is the down-low for everyone. There is no word on the actors the plot nothing until a few months before it comes out. I love the suspense. But anyway hopefully this one is as good as Bousman says it will be.

Right now, I have the firm belief that "Saw 4" is all hype.  I hope I'm wrong.  It would be awesome if they pulled off another "Saw" film.

No! Leave the franchise alone. Part 2 was not good at all and Part 3 was a great ending for the series. Get another original idea! It's just pushing it. What's next? Jigsaw vs somebody else?

Hey Guys,
I have a great contact within the SAW movies, and i can tell you this will top 2 and 3. the movies in the beginning have all been set up for this one...this one will answer all questions, and i really think this one will be the best one other than part one. I remember that in the end of part one i was like "DAMN"!!
well, this one is gonna do the same thing....
wesley~

sickf**k wrote:

I think Saw is one of the best horror movies of our time. Every year they get bigger badder and yes even more bloodier. Saw 4 is said to be the best one yet and thats one reason why Bousman came back to the directors chair for this one. The thing i love about the Saw movies is the down-low for everyone. There is no word on the actors the plot nothing until a few months before it comes out. I love the suspense. But anyway hopefully this one is as good as Bousman says it will be.

I totally agree with that, I think it is one of the best horror movies of our time. so much hype about saw 4..i cant wait to see it. its hard to believe saw 5&6 are already under construction.

Last edited by MindFuk (2007-03-21 03:31:44)

wickedprops wrote:

Hey Guys,
I have a great contact within the SAW movies, and i can tell you this will top 2 and 3. the movies in the beginning have all been set up for this one...this one will answer all questions, and i really think this one will be the best one other than part one. I remember that in the end of part one i was like "DAMN"!!
well, this one is gonna do the same thing....
wesley~

That's what I've heard.  It's just hard for me to believe.  I mean, everybody dies!

Kruz, if I could, I'd have them shut down "Saw 4" and leave it as a trilogy.  The fact of the matter is, a "Saw 4" is coming no matter what anyone says.  So, it's our job to either like it or dislike it.

All I Have To Say Is" Stop Remaking And Creating Sequels To Original Horror Movies"!!! Yes I Agree With Many That Saw 1, 2 And Even The Latest Saw 3 Were All Incredible Movies Which Proved To American Horror Film Lovers That It Is Still Possible To Make A Well-rounded Horror Film. Yet, By Creating Movie After Movie Based On The Same Damn Premise About The Same Damn Killer Becomes A Little To Repetitive For My Taste, And I Think That Somebody Needs To Step Up As Soon As Possible With Some New Ideas To Horrify Audiences Nationally. I Am Looking Forward To Saw 4 Don't Get Me Wrong, But If You Have Seen The Late "dead Silence"(created By The Same Folks As Saw) It Doesn't Compare To The Saw Collection, And I Hope And Prey That The Creators Step There Game Up For Saw 4. Either That Or They Should Just Not Make Another Movie Which Will Ruin Their So Far Good Reputation. I'm Sorry I'm Going Off About A Movie That Is Just Rumored To Be Released In Over A Year, But In General I Am Talking About All Of The Horror Movies Which Have Been Released In The Past Several Years, And How They Are All Either Remakes Of Classics Or Sequels To Ideas Which Have Already Been Drivin Into The Ground. This Is Just My Opinion And I Would Love To Hear What Others Think About This Dilemma. In Fact I Am Thinking Of Creating A Forum(if There Is Not Already One) Based Just On This Fact.

Thanks For Letting Me Vent, And Express My Thoughts...rdub.

Theres lots of threads here about remakes and the majority of people hate them.
There have always been remakes since the beginning of motion pictures and they aren't going to stop making them.

If people don't like remakes or sequels, DON'T go and see them, it's as simple as that!
Shit the original will always be here for us to watch. It's not going anywhere.

I think that "Saw" could have and probably should have been left as a stand-alone with no sequels. BUT Saw II & III are great films. And yes, they make sequels for money, but fans genuinely WANT to see what happens next. I definitely do...

Making movies are what these guys do for living. if you guys could do this kinda stuff to make money I'm sure you all would. i don't suppose you'd walk down the street past a hairdresser and say "that hairdresser done the same haircut on someone yesterday, cant she do better?" Besides making sequels and involving a character in a few more movies only allows the viewer to become more emotionally attached to them thus creating a more of a reason to see the next! i was sincerely shocked at how everyone died at the end of saw 3 and i absolutely CANNOT wait to see how it carries on! i shall probably be disappointed if its a prequel (i cant think of anything else they can do) but I'm sure i shall still enjoy watching it! just as hundreds of people enjoy watching remakes of classics such as Texas chainsaw massacre and house of wax!

the point of the matter is: if you don't wanna see a remake or crappy quadrilogy don't go and see it!

Too bad you guys are right. They aren't gonna stop remaking classics or making stupid sequels/prequels. I'm not really pissed off at the executives that keep on financing these films but at the creators that instead of finding something original to work they keep on damaging their own creation. It was great for the creators of "Saw" to leave it as a trilogy and creating "Dead Silence", that's what everybody should do. Develop your product to a reasonable magnitude and then create something else.

Well,
If you dont already know there are contracts for Tobin Bell up to a part 5 and was told there is word from twisted pictures that they have it contracted already for a part 6. But i cant wait for part 4 to come out, i think alot of people will be glad it came out in the end....you'll see.
wesley~

Well, I am excited about Saw 4 because the first three movies were absolutely amazing.  I do agree with Patchwerk and DemonToSome.  The reason is because I think that some people (myself included) like certain characters from movies to a point where they want to keep seeing stories about that charater.  I want to know what happens to Jikgsaw and if he is alive at the end of 4, I am going to want to see what else he plans on doing. 
Also with some discussion on remakes, I think they would be more enjoyable if people didn't compare them with the originals.  I know it is near impossible to do, but it can be done.  I think more enjoyment would come out of sequels/prequels and remakes if they were viewed as what they were meant to be, a horror movie.
This is just my opinion on this matter, based on what I have observed on these forums in general.

This movie and Halloween are the one's i'm looking forward to, people i know they wont let us down. Its the same team just new writers, how many horror series has had the same crew for each sequel they made. Not Friday13th,NOES or Halloween, i think Saw people do the movies for the fans. I love Saw.

The only problem with horror movies is that any movie that does good is almost destined to become a sequel machine. The reason being is that us horror fans are so damn hard to please that people cling to any idea that seemed to catch on with us fans. You don't see a whole lot of new ideas in horror and when you do its almost destined for sequels. The bad thing is great movie series get watered down over time (ex. Halloween) so a new guy comes along to try and bring it back to its hayday(Rob Zombie) but then thats gonna birth just more sequels on a remake like TCM. Its all one big wheel that'll never stop turning. Now I love the Halloweens but I don't think any sequels had the power of 1 & 2.

i am seriously stoked bout the nxt saw movies
i never new there wer gona b nemore
but i joined here n thers all of a sudden a million awes soundin movies that i nea herd of b4 n im gona make a effort 2 go c em
bah!:lol:

bah! wtf?

It makes sense that they'd be making some saw remakes, and i agree with most of you, on the fact that I am excited for it. Remakes and sequels are the 'BIG' thing now, as you can see from all the upcoming movies list.

Don't get me wrong, i'm as excited as the most of you, but I'd HATE it, if they keep using the same gags/torture ideas over and over. I own all three saw movies on DVD, and i watch them over and over.

I think it'll be good nontheless, but if they were to come up with some ideas that were a bit newer and not based so much on the last stuff, it could probably do even better.

What i HATE though, is a remake that SUCKS.

In terms of the saw sequels, you also have to take the storyline into consideration. When they came up with the initial idea for SAW, they must've had such a long storyline, that wasn't able to fit in two or three movies. they probably have some huge long ass story going on that can only be fully explained with many sequels. Id HATE it if i were to make a movie, and not have it explain all the details and crap that originally came from my script/storyline.

I guess you have to take the creators' view on the story and stuff.

bah! wrote:

i am seriously stoked bout the nxt saw movies
i never new there wer gona b nemore
but i joined here n thers all of a sudden a million awes soundin movies that i nea herd of b4 n im gona make a effort 2 go c em
bah!:lol:

hey bah!, most of the people on the forum dont understand computer slang, so please write in sentences with full words.

now, to the topic of saw. i have to say that im looking foreward to seing how they work Jigsaws death into a new storyline, and i really cant say that i know, and i hate speculating about things like this. we will just have to wait and see if it is any good.

RDUBU86 wrote:

All I Have To Say Is" Stop Remaking And Creating Sequels To Original Horror Movies"!!! Yes I Agree With Many That Saw 1, 2 And Even The Latest Saw 3 Were All Incredible Movies Which Proved To American Horror Film Lovers That It Is Still Possible To Make A Well-rounded Horror Film.  etc. etc. ... This Is Just My Opinion And I Would Love To Hear What Others Think About This Dilemma. In Fact I Am Thinking Of Creating A Forum(if There Is Not Already One) Based Just On This Fact.

Thanks For Letting Me Vent, And Express My Thoughts...rdub.

How Can You Stand To Type With Caps Beginning Every Single Word?!?  It's hard to read, honestly.

Some News
From Fearnet.com
Saw 3-D:
Well, no, not, really, but Darren Lynn Bousman joked about this 'original' Saw 4 demands with Fearnet last night at first Saw 4 press mixer. When Asked about the naysayers Bousman responds, "We're not churning them out, we never stopped production." And when asked if he know where this thing was going he replied, "There's a definite ending". When asked about the storyline and internet rumors Bousman tells Fearnet, "Believe what you want, there are four intersecting storylines the script is extremely complicated."

The common thread between Bousman and star Tobin Bell when discuss the 4th entry, is the ending they both tell us that the ending of Saw 4 "Kick Ass". Bousman continues, "When I originally read the script, they didnt have me at page 85, they had me at page 87." Bousman joked about finishing reading the script and thinking. Goddammit they got me! I've been doing this for the past 3 years and they got me!" Bousman continues,"Its all magic tricks, there's more character stuff, but there's also plenty of traps." And from what he tell us, the ending will make it all worth it, even for those unfamiliar with the first 3 films of the series.

From
Shocktilyoudrop.com
Rumors and The MPAA
Rumors are spreading online about the plot for Lionsgat's anticipated Saw 4, but director Darren Lynn Bousman set the record straight when talking with Shocktilyoudrop.com on Tuseday night.

"Nobody know what this is about," Bousman said, Every plot synopsis you've fread online is false and untrue. The thing with Macfadyen looking for his daughter? Believe it if you want, but no one know what this story is.

When question whether this film will be more violent than the precious three the helmer added, "I'm going to be very curious about MPAA says about the first 20 mins of the film.  There's something there that is incrediby violent."

Tobin Bell also talked to us about the return of Jigsaw:

"You find out why I'm back in the very first scene, Why I'm back and why I'm around". And why should audiences come back for another movie? Because of "a tremendous ending" added Bell.