Re: Saw 4

whats up with the eating utensils? looks like a Hannibal ad

You know.... jigsaw might appear in flashbacks or pre-quel type scenes and not compromise what should have been his death in #3

I agree. It has to be flashbacks cause Jigsaw's dead as a doornail hmm

DemonToSome wrote:

No, they said they that's not any flashbacks, he's not a ghost, not a prequel, and he's definitely dead and takes place after the end of Saw 3.

I think that the survivor of part 3 turns ought to be the real jigsaw and has mutiple personalities and Jigsaw is one of them like in the movie Identity.

RIP wrote:
DemonToSome wrote:

No, they said they that's not any flashbacks, he's not a ghost, not a prequel, and he's definitely dead and takes place after the end of Saw 3.

I think that the survivor of part 3 turns ought to be the real jigsaw and has mutiple personalities and Jigsaw is one of them like in the movie Identity.

Yeah I just read that too. So I don't, but they must have some wild twist in the making.

RIP wrote:
DemonToSome wrote:

ow.   my brain hurts.

The only way I could see this working is if he planned the entire next game before his death and recorded everything, so everything is done through video.

You just might have something there Doc. So far that sounds the most logical.

very true, that dose sound logical, but if thats true, then how would they be able to make another sequal if they wanted? he probably wouldnt be able to have like 5 more games allready planned out before he died.

Personally I'm getting a little sick of these movies.. Heh which is funny because I was so pumped about Saw when it came out.. You know I actually made a prediction a couple years ago that 10 years from now kids will be renting these movies talking about how insane some of the stuff is..

If they keep up the sequels I think my prediction will come true..

they will probably run this series into the ground untill they cant make any more money off of it like they did with friday the 13th and Halloween and Nightmare on Elm Street and so on...

Have patience with me for a moment because I'm going to start off by veering off-topic:

One of my favorite TV shows is Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. I think it's got well-written, emotionally involving stories, and it's got a terrific cast, especially Christopher Meloni and Mariska Hargitay. (I like Richard Belzer as Munch a lot, and I frankly wish they'd give him more of substance to do.) But there's one thing that I've always been vaguely curious about. Since the subject of the film is sex crimes, the writers have to come up with some new horror or atrocity on a weekly basis. I have to wonder what that does to a writer's sensibilities after a while. What's it like to have to dredge up the worst of the worst and the lowest of the low week after week, and have to keep that ball rolling?

I often feel the same way about certain horror movie franchises. A good example would be the Saw series. I must admit, I'm a big fan of all three of those movies, and I think Darrel Lynn Bousman has done a fairly good job of building on the universe created by original writers James Wan and Leigh Whannell, and of making each film emotionally involving, as well as different from its predecessor.

However, how far can they really take it? I mean, Jigsaw is freakin' dead, for crying out loud! I would be very interested in seeing where they take the franchise in Saw IV. And I have to wonder how they're going to come up with ever more elaborate and gruesome traps and devices with which to put the characters in. I mean, how are you gonna top "The Rack" from the third film?! yikes And more to the point, when does this whole thing start to become tedious and stale from a writer's standpoint? At what point does having to come up with new horrors for the sake of a franchise start to just become numbing?

Let me also add to this by expressing my opinion that Eli Roth has managed to get around this whole issue with Hostel: Part II, mainly because his emphasis is not in topping himself with ever-more horrific scenes of torture and mutilation (although the Countess Bathory homage is certainly...unsettling, to say the least!), but in further exploring the whole issue of what sorts of people would join something like the Elite Hunting Club in the first place. Roth has always said that when talking to people about the original Hostel, the scene that many of them found the most disturbing was Paxton (Jay Hernandez)'s encounter with the American businessman (Rick Hoffman), because that sort of established just what kind of place the evil factory was and why people went there!

Many people have complained that Hostel: Part II was not as scary as the original, and to some extent it's understandable why they would think that. It's pretty much a foregone conclusion as to what is going to happen to the main characters and where they'll end up, so there's not quite so much of a surprise there. But by further exploring the nature of the Elite Hunting Club and the motivations of its wealthy yet warped clientele, as well as offering up some admittedly scathing critique of capitalist "values", Roth manages to avoid simply rehashing or repeating himself.

However, Roth has admitted that as of right now he's not interested in making a Hostel: Part III. I think that it would be a smart move for him to move on with his career and do something else. The Hostel duology should be allowed to stand as is, one of the great statements of "extreme" horror ever to be granted any kind of mainstream exposure. There's really no point in Eli or anyone else risking a dilution of what it was that makes these two films so distinctive, which is what I'm kind of afraid just might happen with the Saw franchise.

Good post Darth Pazuzu. Welcome to the site. I believe that they will ruin the Saw franchise. It should have ended at 3 IMO.

kinda agreeing with demontosome, but really just hoping that saw4 doesnt shit the bed for the series. one thing that will make it suck is no john. leaving the saw franchise ending at 3 may have been the est idea, but because saw4 is comming, we can just hope isnt not shitty.

Darren Lynn Bousman NEEDS to go off and do something else.

MindFuk wrote:

When is Saw 4 suppose to hit theatres?

October 26, 2007 and can't wait till it does also with saw 4 & 5

wickedprops wrote:

Hey Guys,
I have a great contact within the SAW movies, and i can tell you this will top 2 and 3. the movies in the beginning have all been set up for this one...this one will answer all questions, and i really think this one will be the best one other than part one. I remember that in the end of part one i was like "DAMN"!!
well, this one is gonna do the same thing....
wesley~

Sorry that is complete and utter bollocks. Wan et al had no idea if they could sell the idea of SAW to Hollywood, when the success came they naturally did a sequel. At no stage was a franchise invisaged, or indeed a movie tying up any lose ends. This post smells to me like a studio plant to be honest.

SAW III was simply a cash in on the rep the franchise built, and yes a lot of fans were majorally pissed off with that movie. As even horror support sites such as AITH stated, a fourth movie is totally unnecessary. Hope it gets exactly what it deserves at the box office.

Thought the first two movies were fine, the third was a clear cash in, the fourth is just whoring the idea! I will certainly not be catching the fourth movie, so that's one sale the franchise has now lost.

saw 4 will probly come out on halloween cause it has so for the other 3 movies
it will just be the same bad acting but great goore
joshua

The whole idea of a horror movie "franchise" is disturbing.  Think about it.  This likens the films to McDonald's and Starbucks.

Whats Witht He New Saw 4 Poster? Jigsaw's Head In A Scale? He's Dead Now Right? I Can't See Saw 4 Being As Good As The First 3..........

I personally love this new poster. The posters for Saw are always great and this is no exception.

I found this info blood disgusting  (small spoiler )

Saw IV
Hey Guys, I just want to update you all about the next wave of Lionsgate films that were presented today at the San Diego Comic Con. Saw IV hits theaters this fall and you have to live under a rock to not know all about this franchise. Director Darren Bousman, Jigsaw himself, Tobin Bell, and Producer Mark Burg premiered a clip to the excited audience. The clip was exactly what the horror fans wanted! Set inside a mortuary, two men are chained to a mechanical device in the center of the room, each one has been slightly disabled, one with his eyes, and the other with his mouth SEWN SHUT! Trapped metal collar they must quickly figure out how to get the hell out of the situation. The crowd responded with huge applause at this bloody clip, and Bousman dropped a few hints about the film, saying that the script that Patrick Dunstan and Markus Melton completely took him by surprise and blew him away. For a man who killed off all the characters so meticulously, so as not to bring them back, the writers figured out such a clever device that it even convinced the man who killed them all off. That said, he promised that it will not be a silly evil twin brother, or typical movie convention, but that “the last 5 minutes of the film will really deliver.â€

They also told the audience that they originally wanted to premiere the first 5 minutes of the film, and the fine folks at Comic-Con told them a very definite “NO, way to extreme.† This defiantly didn’t bode well with the audience, but the clip was very bloody, and a curious fan asked what the Rating was. Not surprisingly the (more and more despicable) MPAA gave it a NC-17 and Bousman told us that they were used to this happening, as they HAVE TO deliver an R rated film to get proper distribution. I really hate the MPAA, as it has been a touchy topic for many films lately.

sorry if already been posted it

I'm all Saw'd out. Liked the first alright - own it. Didn't care for the second much at all, and the third was enjoyable and had a great atmosphere, but contradicted itself so much it made me sick. I'll probably never see 4 or any following sequels.

That new clip with the autopsy is insane. Whats on the tape!!??

DP wrote:

I'm all Saw'd out. Liked the first alright - own it. Didn't care for the second much at all, and the third was enjoyable and had a great atmosphere, but contradicted itself so much it made me sick. I'll probably never see 4 or any following sequels.

I just saw this (seriously, no pun intended) post and I'm curious, how did Saw 3 contradict itself?  I thought all of them followed the rules exceptionally well that the first movie set.