Topic: Grindhouse Films

I just thought that there should be a completely different topic for Grindhouse films.  List your favorites and discuss.  smile

Re: Grindhouse Films

Ilsa - She-Wolf of the SS. I love that one! I would have been ever better with more girl skin but that's asking too much.

Cannibal Holocaust. Probably the definition of Grindhouse films.

I Spit on your Grave. After that one, I don't trust women.

Last House on the Left. Do I really have to say anything here? It's a must see.

Yeah, "Ilsa She-Wolf of the SS", "Cannibal Holocaust", and "I Spit On Your Grave" are all fantastic grindhouse films.  I enjoyed "The Last House on the Left", but it's not one of my favorites.  My favorites would have to be, "Street Trash", "I Drink Your Blood", and "Zombi 2".  But, they're all good.  smile

By "Zombi 2" you mean Fulci's "Zombi"? I don't know anything about "Street Trash" and I've looking for "I Drink Your Blood" without success.

I admit i haven't seen that many but what i did see i liked and what's funny is that i just realized that i owned one of them without knowing until recently:

The Street Fighter with Sonny Chiba. I actually got this for free when i bought Kill Bill Vol. 2. And i got this for free and the sequel to it was in it. So i got The Street Fighter and The Return of the Street Fighter for free. Basically if you like bloody and violent martial arts movies, then you'll love The Street Fighter and when i was watching this recently, the entire time i was saying DAMN! There was actually a part that reminded me from the movie The Last House on the Left. In The Street Fighter, Sonny Chiba rips some guys balls right out with his bare hands and another one where he rips off some guys voice box right out with his bare hand. The Street Fighter is a must see and what a fun, violent, bloody ride it is too. big_smile

I finally did see The Last House on the Left and i do have to say, i did like this movie alot. But to me i didn't think this movie was as disturbing and twisted than i expected. But i did really enjoy this movie alot.

Kill Baby Kill- Saw it and wasn't all that bad.

Still All Yet To Watch:

Devil's Nightmare
Pieces
Kiss Me Kill Me

I also tryed to Rent these and want to see these but they don't carry them at my Video Store:

Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS
Cannibal Holocaust
Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!
Mark of the Devil

Last edited by BlackDeathDamien (2007-03-20 23:23:48)

Kruz wrote:

By "Zombi 2" you mean Fulci's "Zombi"? I don't know anything about "Street Trash" and I've looking for "I Drink Your Blood" without success.

Seriously, Kruz, if there was any one film that I could recommend to you, it would be "Street Trash".  You NEED to see that film.

Great list.  "Faster, Pussycat!  Kill!  Kill!" and "Mark of the Devil" are really good.  "Kill Baby Kill" was pretty good, but definately not the best I've seen.

To name a few more:

Squirm
Fight For Your Life
House on the Edge of the Park
The Gore Gore Girls
The Candy Snatchers
The Great Hollywood Rape Slaughter
Satan's Cheerleaders
Kingdom of the Spiders
Blood Feast

Thanks Tim. But hey i just found this that i think you should check out which is actually pretty cool. It actually has alot of Grindhouse films listed.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu … D=11796052

I didn't know "Squirm" counted as grindhouse, you're just gonna have to add that one to my list.

I'll add to the list another Russ Meyer classic Beyond the Valley of the Ultra Vixens featuring the lovely Kitten Natividad in her prime.. Great movie. Oh and how could you forget the classic They Call Her One Eye aka Thriller - A Cruel Picture..

I am also a big Pam Grier fan believe it or not.. I love Foxy Brown and Coffy two of her best movies in my opinion.. I have been looking around for the Ilsa box set and I can't find it anywhere... I may just have to break down and buy the movies seperately..

I should really get a job to keep buying movies. I haven't seen more than half of the ones recommended in this post!

If you don't know if you want to buy them you can get a lot of these films from Netflix, no, I don't work for Netflix and if I didn't think it was cool I wouldn't pimp them at all. They really do hav a lot of stuff you can't find anywhere else.

Yeah, Netflix has a lot of old Grindhouse films.  Goon, I was able to see "Coffy" and "Foxy Brown", which were both fantastic.  I love old blaxploitation flicks.  BlackDeathDamien, that was an awesome myspace.  They have a lot of old films that I've never seen before.  Thanks for that.

No problem Tim. Anytime

Kruz wrote:

I should really get a job to keep buying movies. I haven't seen more than half of the ones recommended in this post!

Same here tongue

I'd suggest renting a lot of the films, before you go out and buy them.  I realize that we are all die hard horror fans here, but exploitation isn't for everyone.  I could be wrong.  tongue

You're right Tim, but here in Mexico finding those films is harder than finding a real zombie. And NetFlix doesn't deliver here to Mexico so I can't use that option either. The only thing I can do is buy them and if I don't like them, I can always sell them to one of you guys.

That's a bummer that Netflix doesn't deliver to Mexico.  I guess, it's a different story for you.  smile

There's probably a place in Mexico City where I could find it but finding that place is gonna be really hard.

You could always try the new Blockbuster online renting service.

I think your best bet Kruz is Ebay or the internet in general. Just do your homework, pick out a few of the well know films that have really good reviews, and buy those, then you can read other review or ask some of us that have seen them to compare the two and you can get an idea if worth spending the money or not. You can alway e-mail me and see if i have a copy of something or if I have seen it.

Thanks for the help. I'll count of you to get a "true fan" opinion.

Yeah, look on horror sites.  I have a feeling that a lot of mainstream movie sites will bash grindhouse films.  Bash them hard.

i think you either love or hate that era of filmmaking, I hardly see anyone that will say yea i like the horror exploitation films but I hate the sexploitation or blaxploitation films. I think these film are important to cinema just like the slasher films of the early 80's are to what we have for horror now. I for one am glad people are seeing the validity to these films and giving a wholw new generation a chance to see them.

Is there a company that distributes mainly grindhouse movies? Cuz it would be awesome if Rodriguez and Tarantino get them to make a commercial and show it before their film, that way more people would get interested in this subgenre.

The ones that come to mind are "Grindhouse Releasing" and "Synapse Films".  That's an awesome idea, Kruz.  I doubt it will happen, though.