Re: Grindhouse Films

I doubt it too but it was just an idea.

Yea ever since I picked up Thriller (They Call Her One Eye) I have been a big fan of grindhouse.. But like some people said before its a tricky genre so you have to be careful if you are just starting out.. You have to start with the classics like Thriller, Cannibal Holocaust, I Spit on Your Grave, I Drink Your Blood, Zombi 2, etc..

I would start with "Street Trash".  I think that was the very first grindhouse film I saw.  Still today, one of my favorites.

Yea Street Trash is a great movie.. Not to mention the trailer is on TerrorFeed.

http://www.terrorfeed.com/?id=StreetTrashTrailer

I just happened to think that if you are new to Grindhouse I would check out 42nd Street Forever Vol. 1 & 2.. They were put out by Synapse Films and have some great movie trailers in them.. Of course some of the movies are impossible to find it is still a good starting point for anybodys collection..

I happen to have just watched those Goon, I thought they were way cool, plus it gives you an idea of how they marketed these films back in the day.

I've heard about that film.  Well, actually, I saw it on your DVDA page.  I'll check it out.  Looks really cool.

Its not really a film.. Just a huge collection of trailers from Grindhouse films. Which are sometimes better than the actual film is anyway.. They are fun to watch..

You know what I mean.  Still sounds pretty cool.

Watching trailers for hours just for the fun? That's a new one.

Heh yea well its obvious you haven't seen to many Grindhouse trailers.. Those trailers are hillarious and in most cases kick ass.. Nothing like what you see now. I'll put it that way.. They were almost like a collage of the most kick ass scenes in the movie and they put it all in.. I mean blood, nudity, depravity.. its there and they are great..

I don't know if anyone happened to see that i posted this earlier but decided to delete it and put it more in appropiate place in here. Tonight on Chiller TV, if you have it, will be showing a half hour documentary called Welcome to the Grindhouse at 7 p.m. Central time and the replay comes on at 10 p.m. Cental time. So if you have this channel, check out this special.

Yea I think its the same thing that has been online for awhile with QT and RR talking about their movie with interviews from the cast and everything.. Its also gonna be on SciFi on April 3 I think.. Its on the official site..