Topic: New Line Gears Up For War

New Line has just swooped in and picked themselves up a nice little feature with the rights to the Gears of War video game for X-Box360. Now anybody who has been online or even plays videogames casually knows that this game has a massive following. I...

Read More : New Line Gears Up For War

Re: New Line Gears Up For War

Once this comes out as a movie, i can't wait to see it. I have the game and played it and it is amazing as hell. Everything about the game is so unbelievable.

I hope it doesn't turn bad like Resident Evil and Tomb Raider or that they change a lot of the story like in Silent Hill.

I believe that this movie like say Transformers is going to either be a huge embarrasing failure or one of the best actioners to hit the siver screen in a long time. With the right script and right director it can be a very cool franchise film but if the rush the script and pick the "director of the month" then I fear it will find the same fate as so many other video game and comic based films. Let's not forget the tragedy that was House of the Dead, and how un-doom like the Doom movie was. I feel sad because I love the video game, and it has such potential.

Damn! I had forgotten about Doom. I think my brain blocked it to avoid hurting myself any longer. The only good part on it was the 30 seconds in first person at the end of the film.

this could be a great film if done right. im glad newline has it... i hope they do it right.

"Gears of War" is such a kickass game.  I'm pretty excited about the film.  I hope it's done right.

Agreed with everybody else. Great game but will be ruined if not done right.

Speaking of tranformers Hard2Kill..ive seen a few behind the scenes pictures from some of my friends working on the set and personally im not a big transformers fan, but the movie looks like its gonna be amazing. as for gears of war all i can say is...i cant wait!!
wesley~