Topic: The Talisman

So the rumors for The Talisman lives on, About a week or so ago Goon Posted some new stuff on The Talisman, It looks like Michael J. Fox could be in on this one ( http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_6376.html ) The Talisman is a book by Stephen King & Peter Straub, The story goes something like this...(In order to save his dying mother (and quite possibly the entire world), twelve-year-old Jack Sawyer must find the Talisman, a crystal globe perhaps three feet in circumference, which also happens to be the axis of all possible worlds.
Unfortunately, the Talisman is located a continent away and Jack´s got to hurry. Luckily, Jack can "flip" between our world and the world of the Territories, a world that mirrors our own. And distance travelled in the Territories is equal to a greater distance in our world. Unfortunately, evil men, nasty creatures, and the Blasted Lands lay between Jack and the Talisman...) The book itself was a bit long, But i enjoyed it none the less & i've always thought it would make a decent flick, And it seems that it just might happen  IMDb clames that we may see this sometime in 2008 ( http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0384580/ ) This rumor could always lead up to be a load of bullshit, But if any of you have read the book what are your thoughts on if they where to make a movie out of this?

Last edited by Norrock The Zombie Eater (2006-09-02 00:33:54)

Re: The Talisman

I have wondered when studios would get around to this one.  There is so much going on in the book it would be difficult to adapt to screen.  Maybe Peter Jackson could do it justice as writer/director.

norrock i always enjoy reading your posts. One of these days we are gonna have to promote you to a board moderator if your up for it smile

Thanks Meh its nice to know that ppl actually enjoy my posts, especially when its the man himself you da man. Also i strongly agree with you Skidog if anyone could make a movie to The Talisman that would be Peter Jackson (But damn! i don't want to know how long of a movie it would be with him doing it maybe 4 hours or more).

Four Hours... yeah!  Good Point!  LOL 

And Meh, I say, go ahead and promote The Zombie Eater.

Never thought i would see the day that The Zombie Eater would become a moderator on this site smile BTW thanks for the soport Skidog its always good to have true fans of horror on this site like yourself.

I agree, great post Norrock and you'd be a great moderator.  I definitely loved this book and think a movie directed by Jackson would rock so much.  I don't care how long it is, I'd go see it.

Sounds like an interesting story, but I honestly think that Jackson will turn it into a 3 hour bore fest along with the dreaded king kong remake.  Who knows though, I could be wrong.

if done right, it could be awesome, its one of my fav King storys.

i honestly cant say I have ever read this one. Sounds like you guys really think highly of it though.

ugh...Love the book, but I just don't think I can stand viewing a story in which the main character would be played by a 12 year old.