Topic: What do you do with your life?

I thought I'd be a good idea if everybody says what they do with their life or what do they do for a living.

I only study physics at college and my parents support me so I don't have a job but I should get one to get more and more and more movies. Oh yeah, and to take out my girlfriend to a nice place more often.

Re: What do you do with your life?

I have a college degree in Media Arts and Animation. Basically what i do is that i draw out all the ideas, mainly environments- interior and exterior, and then bring them to life on the computer by making them 3D using a program called Maya. When i was back in school, for my final project, a.k.a. demo reel, i created the TCM house-remake, and altered the look and feel of the house by using different textures and combining the remake and original houses from TCM. I even created the original swingset from the original TCM movie, which is animated like if it was a ghost moving it. I basically created this house as a condemned insane asylum and inside the house are torture rooms for patients where the orderlies would take the patients and show them what would happen to them if they get out of line. Basically the entire insane asylum is haunted by all the ghosts who were tortured and killed there. I am now currently working for the freelance company called Big Imagination, which was called Pivotal Solution Inc. The company is currently working on a children's cartoon and then from there we will create a children's learning video game. Still looking for another job related to my field that i went to for school. So anything that's related to art, animation, or even the video game industry.

For my free time, watch movies, draw, and play ice hockey, which i'm a goalie. I even designed my whole helmet which is dedicated to the movie Pink Floyd The Wall. And when i play hockey, the pain doesn't bother me one bit. To be honest i'm immuned to pain. I love all the pain i endure when i play. Except when i get shots right to the balls. Very excrutiating pain. LOL. I also work out 5 days a week for about 3 hours.

Last edited by BlackDeathDamien (2007-03-22 19:05:45)

I'm a college kid in a community college and I work in a movie theater across the street.

Spare time I watch movies, play video games and talk to friends.  I have a miniture pinscher named Licorice. 

After time at the community college, I am gonna be moving onto film school.

Im only a senior in high school and dont have a job right now, but Im not gonna head to college. Ive signed up with the Air Force and will be shipping out around June. Im thinking of making a career in the service or in law enforcement.

Spare time is watching movies, 4-wheeling, basketball, sky-diving and a bunch more outdoors stuff.

I spent 11 years in the US Navy and loved every minute of it, communications, I worked with receivers HFR Transmitters, HFT, VLF, message traffic, crypto. In my spare time I would get interested people together and produce interesting haunted houses to raise money for youth clubs ect. I love acting and have been everything from eeyore, to a bald axe murderer, clowns, possessed person....yes even Barney heh.
Right now I am a teacher and enjoy it alot:)
I love being outdoors, I have a 28 inch handmade Native american drum I play, I have a couple other hand drums also.
The Horror Genre has always interested me since childhood, its just fun darn it:)

I'm 37 years old and Vice President of my family's 99 year old monument company that my great grandfather started in 1908.

We make monuments(headstones in other words lol). We have monuments out of granite, marble, and even bronze ones that we make and sale. We have been in business since 1908 and we cover 14 counties and have 12 funeral homes as our commissioned sales people. We have our plant right here in my town and have like 14 employees there. We actually get our granite shaped up in Elberton, Ga....which is teh granite capital of the USA and our Marble from Tate, Ga......the marble from there made all of teh monuments you see up in Washington DC.

At our plant we do everything to the monuments such as we design them and letter them with whatever our customers want. We have a sandblast machine that sand blasts the lettering and designs into the monuments and when they are ready to go to the cemetery our crew goes out there and sets them.

We design the monuments on a Dell gerber graphics advantage computer with a cutter plotter to it......it's a $20,000 computer. We have over 100 monuments on display in our display area and a huge inventory in the back of the plant. We also have 2 big Intl. setting trucks with knucknle boom cranes on them and 2 smaller isuzu truckes with cranes on them for setting in cemeteries.

We gross a million a year but that's the business, lol......not what I take home which I wished. I have been in the business for 14 years now. My dad has been the President fo it since the early 60's. I'm a 4th generation in it.

My hobbies: horror movies, BEER, women with big tits, playing guitar, sports, martial arts, etc.....

I am kind of boring, I work for the state, I am in a cubicle for 10 hours a day talking to people about their taxes. I go home and watch horror movies, play FPS video games, go to the gym about three times a week (trying to lose the gut). I play disk golf about every weekend (when I can). I am still working an a script for a short film that I plan to do in the future but right now I am waiting for my son to arrive. He is supposed to be born on May 14th, but we will see.

I'm a jobless teen in high school.

My main focus in life, is horror and filmmaking.  I like to watch movies, read a lot of horror novels and comics, screenwrite, play video games, practice drums, hang out with friends, and just relax.

After high school, I plan on going to my local city college for a few years.  Afterwards, it's off to film school.  NYU, hopefully.

I'm 27yrs old a Secretary for School District here and a mom to my 8 month old daughter Raven..

I am a medically retired US Veteran.  I now am a Contracted IT Systems Anyalist for a company benefits insurance broker.  I am the IT department.  I have no spare time as we recently bought a house and are fixing it up.  Plus we have the new puppy who is now sick and kept me up all night cause he had diareah all night and had to go out once every hour.  Other wise I like camping, fishing, movies, reading, drawing, and napping.

I am a freshman in college and I don't have a job during the school year (as of now anyway), but during the summer I work for Polo Plastics on an assembly line where I help assemble backrests for Harley Davidson motorcycles.  In my free time, I enjoy watching movies, read/writing stories, listening to music (mainly country), and screwing around with my friends and family.  Though right now, I am currently working with a friend to film a movie which I wrote the original script for.

I am the Lizard King
I can do anything

im a fresh men in high school i work at a pizza joint with my girlfriend on fridays well fridays when good movies arent comign out i live on movies esc. horror mvoies i no alot about them and i liek to write short stories and scripts i have a sick mind and im told to get help but o well and usally im on a cpu thats my hobby and im a kinda active guy i liek to work out when i get bored to stay stong and im probably the onyl 16 year old that loves veggies and i just got my permit on tuesday so the sickfuck is gonna b on the road GOD HELP US ALL those who live in PA

I'm 23 yrs. I work full time..I'm a clothing destributer. I ship and recieve clothing like volcom, dc, and oakley, to other retailers. My and gf and I are having a baby, due Sept 9th..we are hoping it doesnt come Sept 11 haha. Outside of work, I do mixed marial arts training. I have a black belt in Brazilian Ju Jitsu, a black belt in Muay Tai Kickboxing, and I'm working on my black belt in Judo. Wish I could say I was going to school for summin cool like film making, but nothing like that.

I am a graphic artist for a media production company which does everything from local TV Commercials to elements in major motion pictures, and everything in between.  I can't tell you WHAT I am working on or what kind of elements, as the studios have made me sign non-disclosures.  Unfortunately, no horror films yet.

I'm also a husband and father of two, and we just bought our first house.  YAY!  Thirty years of soul crushing debt!

I'm a 22 year old married Marine in San Diego...

I practice MMA (Mixed Marital Arts), I go off road mountain biking, lots of active stuff, but I'm not some big huge guy, only 6' and 170 lbs....pretty thin.  I watch horror movies, work on my screenplay....and plan for the future after the Marines....I was thinking about working in a Morgue....something to do with death, you guys have any suggestions...

DeathbyHighKick wrote:

I'm a 22 year old married Marine in San Diego...

I practice MMA (Mixed Marital Arts), I go off road mountain biking, lots of active stuff, but I'm not some big huge guy, only 6' and 170 lbs....pretty thin.  I watch horror movies, work on my screenplay....and plan for the future after the Marines....I was thinking about working in a Morgue....something to do with death, you guys have any suggestions...

welcome Deathbyhighkick..here is my suggestion, go to your education office on your base and Clep as many subjects as you can, sign up for online college or what the Marines have to offer and get every bit of higher education that the military will pay for:)

Thanks, but right now....the thought of college is making me want to take a knife to my eyeball.....I know I've gotta do it, and I know I will...but I'm having trouble finding the motivation to continue my college education.....

im a junior in high school with no job and no drivers licens because my mom is a complete bitch. iv been tryin to get a job for the last 2 years but ppl dont like hiring a dude that has long hair, and i could work at hot topic, but iv got no way to get there b/c my i dont hav my licens.

Hey there! I'm Deadgirl, 26 yrs. 27 in August. YES I'M A LEO!!!  My passion is acting and modeling, crafting, exercising and everything else. Haven't played vollyball for years but that's my favorite hobby. Also air hocky is the best. Writing in my journal is a way for me to excape from this chaotic world that we call hell. I listen to music and watch movies on my psp. My Treo 700wx cell device is like a mp3 players so I can download music on that too. I just wish you can put movies on it. Halloween is my favorite occasion. I decorate the house to a Tee.

No kids, don't want any ever. My chihuahua is my daughter so that's cool. No boyfriend, too much truoble. If I decide to date again he would have to love horror movies and somewhat down to earth like me, none smoker (I have asthma), a light drinker, no kids. Oh yeah, you have to be humorous too. We're cool tongue

Hey! If anyone is into online friends I'm up for it. I'm just babbling on. Respond to me and lets chat, dead to dead.:D

MORE ABOUT ME:

I like to collect horror figurines
Rare horror or OOP movies
I also like high brand name shopping bags

I mostly like living dead movies. I'm trying to find and collect all of them. I'm a cheese ball. So any cheesy horror flick I like. cool

OH YEAH IF YOU HAVE ANY RARE HORROR MOVIES TO DONATE TO ME THAT WOULD BE GREAT. I CAN SUPPLY MY PO BOX ADDRESS FOR YA. THANKS;)

Welcome aboard Deadgirl!

Welcome to the House of Horrors where much blood will be splattered. Oh yes there will be blood. Sorry i had to say that. Anyways. Welcome and have a great time. Everyone here are cool once you get into many discussions with them.

I am so glad you are here Deadgirl.  So when I say I picked up a L.A.M.B. bag for half off someone will understand.  OMG I just got the most awesome XOXO bag last week.  A woman can NEVER have enough purses.

rofl....

im a programmer, used to be a bouncer, before that was a martial arts instructor. I like to write code, watch films, and all that jazz. Thats about it.

I'm a goalie for ice hockey, design tattoos, draw, take 2D images and make them 3D on the computer using a software, shoot pool, watch and own way to damn many movies and still collecting, and so on. You know all the good stuff. And i couldn't tell you anything about purses. lol