Topic: Englund Talks Nightmare Prequel

Robert Englund has always been the kind of guy who talks and talks to anyone who will listen. He's a pretty funny guy and always has about 20 good ideas for movies running through his head. So when people ask what he would like to do he goes straight...

Read More : Englund Talks Nightmare Prequel

Re: Englund Talks Nightmare Prequel

A prequel? There isn't a lot more we can learn from Freddy's story as a human.

I think it would be kool to see a prequel to Freddys life why not they did it for Leatherface..

RaVeN71806 wrote:

why not they did it for Leatherface..

Yeah, and that one really sucked too....

the prequel to TCM isnt that bad  i dont see why everyone hates it

Ever since Chiller TV has premiered on DirecTV, they been running different old TV shows like Friday The 13th series, Monsters, Twin Peaks, and Tales From The Crypt. Well i really been watching Freddy's Nightmares, which actually has Robert Englund staring in it. It is actually interesting and good. The very first episode they actually explained how he got burned and was found not guilty in the murders. And this was only an hour long. So if they come out with a prequel, i actually think it will be interesting. Just for the fact that what he actually did to all his victims before being arrested and then be on trial for all of them and then being burned alive by the adults whose childrens were slaughtered by Freddy. Along with how he begins terrorizing all the children in their nightmares. I actually would like to see this as a movie.

I hated TCM:Beginning...couldn't get through the whole film without the commentary.  Horrible excuse for a film.  Rather watch House of the Dead.

If put into the right hands and done with an interesting mystery/thriller flair and style to it...I think it would be a cool movie to see.  Would like to see it, only if Englund is Freddy.

The TCM prequel sucked.

I think that a lot of good things would have to happen and a lot of pieces would have to fall in the right order and in the right place for this to be a good film.

I'm digging the big names that are rumored to be a part of the project.  If Robert England is back playing Freddy, then, even better.  But, do I wanna see a prequel in the near future?  No, not really.

Bulin wrote:
RaVeN71806 wrote:

why not they did it for Leatherface..

Yeah, and that one really sucked too....

I thought it was great movie..but hey everyone is entitled to there own opinion..

Yeah, I wasn't really a big fan of "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning".  If this prequel is anything like that, count me out.

If a prequel gets made, that could be the best one (besides the first), out of the whole Nightmare series.

I think a prequel to Nightmare wouldnt be god awful..they wouldnt most likely go off about Freddy as a human child malester..tell that story, we'd see him get burned alive, and they'd tell us about how he got another chance to rock it in dream world. haha i dunno.. summin like that..might be kinda sweet though.

It may sound weird but I think this prequel would work if it isn't made as regular Krueger horror, they should do it like Silence of the Lambs.

yah, that prequel kicked ass

MindFuk wrote:

neutral ??

DemonToSome wrote:
MindFuk wrote:

neutral ??

prequel to silence of the lambs, Hannibal Rising.

OK thats what I thought after I posted tongue

i dont get why everyone is hating on TCM the beginning it was almost amazing i mean it wasnt the best ever but it was pretty damn sweet....and as for a prequel for Nightmare on  Elm  Street hell no they already showed how freddy was started in Nightmare on Elm st. 5

i think if you want to make a prequel to  nightmare on elm st. you should come up with some new character...like you could say its a old legend of some murderer and go on with his story the at the end have him be linked to Freddy Kruger ....He could be his dad....or if he was a cuzin they could join up in another movie..................i guarantee is would be a good seller

Well, we got a brief glimpse of Freddy Krueger being burned alive in "Freddy vs Jason".  If they wanted to expand on that idea, I suppose it would turn out ok.

yah, i can see how it could be alright

But what surprises could the prequel had that don't modify the original story???? We already know he killed children, someone messed up and he was set free. He kept of killing, then the parents burned him alive then some ghosts came and made him one of the most entertaining slashers of all time. We already know her mom was a nun that was raped by 100 bad mf'ers. We already know about this family (wife and daughter). What else is there to know????

That's the point.  We unravel something about Freddy Krueger that nobody knows about.  What that is?  I haven't a clue.

Well, I just hope they don't change anything that's already been settled. I also hope they get a great SFX team to make Englund look like a youngster, hehe.

Last edited by Kruz (2007-03-25 01:05:43)