Topic: Drummed together a Scream 4 Poster.....

....was pretty bored today so thought I'd do some more messing about with photoshop! Again, just thought I'd share this with you guys! Not the most original concept but think it turned out okay smile

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs51/i/2009/332/d/f/Scream4ConceptPosterV_1_by_Mr_Rabba.jpg

Last edited by Rabba (2009-11-28 21:57:08)

Re: Drummed together a Scream 4 Poster.....

Sweet! Really nice! Is there a reason why the chick in the middle is threshold it looks like? Just wondering.

Once again Rabba, you never fail to impress smile

Thanks guys! As for the chick in the middle, actually tweaking that part just now! Its a little bit off compared to the other two! Thanks for pointing out! smile

Last edited by Rabba (2009-11-28 20:18:34)

If i wasn't a photoshop veteran i wouldn't even be able to tell haha I really want to make some posters, i suck at it soo bad tho. Rab are you enter that darksiders contest on dev art?

Great poster. As always.

Thanks Suspiria! Appreciate it smile

As for the darksiders contest, haven't entered but I think it could be a plan! Could be fun to russtle something together for it!

Im working on my entry, i need to buckle down before the 17th tho. Even the top 25 get a free month premium of dev art.

Awesome, I'll see what I can come up with aswell!

Just changed out the face all together. She looked a bit too cheery for my liking lol.

Nice work, Rabba. Do you do any design work professionally, or did you take graphic design or illustration in school?

31 wrote:

Nice work, Rabba. Do you do any design work professionally, or did you take graphic design or illustration in school?

Thanks alot dude smile

Nothing professional, though I'd love to do something along those lines in the future. I actually graduated last year from university with a BA in Filmmaking. The only downfall, university was pretty much 80% theory and 20% practical, so I'm pushing myself to learn what the lecturers left out smile

Last edited by Rabba (2009-11-28 22:10:52)

You know what I am going to say Rabba cool

Given that Scream was the remodernised slasher when it came out, it stands to reason the new(er) movies due to come out will also have a more modern method to the slasher genre. Therefore it stands to reason any poster centred around Scream would need to be a little more modern as opposed to old school and I think you found the meld very well.

The black and white portrayal of the scream mask is iconic and stands immediately to attention, but what makes me smile is the bright but bloody red cast over the three members, it really brings something more unique to the poster itself. The Scre4m is a nice little twist as usual and in a nutshell it's sharp and modern ergo what Scream is about.

Fantastic work again Rabba and you keep producing these little beauties. Who knows where it might lead but never let your talent peter away.

Loved it. cool

BlackTequilaKiss wrote:

You know what I am going to say Rabba cool

Given that Scream was the remodernised slasher when it came out, it stands to reason the new(er) movies due to come out will also have a more modern method to the slasher genre. Therefore it stands to reason any poster centred around Scream would need to be a little more modern as opposed to old school and I think you found the meld very well.

The black and white portrayal of the scream mask is iconic and stands immediately to attention, but what makes me smile is the bright but bloody red cast over the three members, it really brings something more unique to the poster itself. The Scre4m is a nice little twist as usual and in a nutshell it's sharp and modern ergo what Scream is about.

Fantastic work again Rabba and you keep producing these little beauties. Who knows where it might lead but never let your talent peter away.

Loved it. cool

Wow, thanks again for the kind words BTK! As always I really really appreciate your input! smile

Been having alot of fun putting them together, so you'll be sure to see more of them  smile

I really like it, you have a great feel for concept!!

Thanks alot dude! big_smile

Bumpity tongue

Holy shit that's amazing.  You are either very, very talented or have absolutely no life, lol.  Either way, don't ever stop doing it.  You should seriously submit that to Dimension or whoever is doing Scream.

Lovin' it!

Thanks guys lol smile

Gardenofstone10 wrote:

Holy shit that's amazing.  You are either very, very talented or have absolutely no life, lol.  Either way, don't ever stop doing it.  You should seriously submit that to Dimension or whoever is doing Scream.

I believe its a little bit of both lol I've got quite a bit of spare time on my hands as I'm saving by some cash for my own place. Pretty much a way to kill the boredom lol.

Well like I said, keep it up man.  Your faux poster is better than 80% of all the actual posters I see for movies these days.  People lost their good ideas I guess.

Thanks alot dude, I really appreciate that!

I'll be sure to keep putting them together smile

Nice Work!

Great poster

Thanks guys, really glad you like it! smile