Topic: Early DVD Details and Art For Whiteout

I did not get a chance to check out Whiteout when it hit theaters but on January 19th, 2010 we will all be able to bring it home on DVD and Bluray. Unfortunately though it looks like the studios are making a very strong push to make DVD a format of t...

Read More : Early DVD Details and Art For Whiteout

Re: Early DVD Details and Art For Whiteout

I liked Whiteout, and will pick it up at somepoint on DVD.  I might wait for the price to come down a bit, as I know it wasn't a big hit, and I don't see it selling a gazillion discs either.

As far as the studios trying to push people to blu-ray with economic times being what they are in the U.S. anyway, I would like to tell the studios to kiss my ass.  They're lucky I buy any of their shit anyway.

vxtq wrote:

As far as the studios trying to push people to blu-ray with economic times being what they are in the U.S. anyway, I would like to tell the studios to kiss my ass.  They're lucky I buy any of their shit anyway.

lol:lol:

Completely agree. I still want to see this movie, it seems fairly interesting but this BS about Blu Ray getting the better end of deals is starting to rub me the wrong way. I cannot afford a Blu Ray even if I did want one, DVD's are cheap, decent enough. I don't need a picture any crisper, I just want to get the same deal as others. Why should my formatted choice get put back to make way for another format? Sod that.

Will rent this perhaps. If I buy this, sod them I am getting the DVD version.

I've heard nothing but bad things about this movie so I won't be buying it. I sure as hell wouldn't buy it on blu-ray. The studios can shove them up their greedy assholes.

Last edited by Suspiria_89 (2009-11-30 22:42:16)

BlackTequilaKiss wrote:
vxtq wrote:

lol:lol:

Completely agree. I still want to see this movie, it seems fairly interesting but this BS about Blu Ray getting the better end of deals is starting to rub me the wrong way. I cannot afford a Blu Ray even if I did want one, DVD's are cheap, decent enough. I don't need a picture any crisper, I just want to get the same deal as others. Why should my formatted choice get put back to make way for another format? Sod that.

Will rent this perhaps. If I buy this, sod them I am getting the DVD version.

I agree about this too. But, being a fan of special features -- which are all going onto Blue Ray now -- the wife and I finally broke down and bought a system with all the bells and whistles. It looks and sounds amazing, but we pretty much had to take out a second mortgage to do it.

Ill be getting a bluray player on boxing day hopefully, last year they were 100$ But they've come down in price significantly. I wasnt planning on getting one because i dont have a hd tv, but i like watching making of Fleurettes, i learn allot from them, and commentaries etc. The only problem is i wont be able to watch movies at someone elses unless they have blu.

I'll watch anything with the hottest woman in the world in it, even if she IS wearing a super-parka throughout. big_smile