Topic: Werewolf movie craze

seems like they are anticipating a werewolf craze  with the release of New Moon and the upcoming release of The Wolfman.. 
plans to remake the Howling and American Werewolf in London just sadden me... I hate to think of these movies being remade for the sake of cashing in on The Wolfman .. 

http://popwatch.ew.com/2009/11/23/the-h … olf-craze/

Last edited by MistressOf Horror (2009-11-30 17:14:14)

Re: Werewolf movie craze

I'm not looking forward to these stupid damn remakes. In my opinion, we don't need them. The Howling and An American Werewolf In London are classics that need to be left alone for God's sake. mad

A werewolf craze I wouldn't mind. As long as they're original, done well, and are NOT REMAKES, then all werewolf movies to come out of Hollywood from now on are fine with me.

MistressOf Horror wrote:

plans to remake the Howling and American Werewolf in London   

http://popwatch.ew.com/2009/11/23/the-h … olf-craze/

if this is true i am well pissed off!:mad:

I wouldn't worry too much about it... movie execs often don't know their asshole from outer space.

The Creature wrote:

I'm not looking forward to these stupid damn remakes. In my opinion, we don't need them. The Howling and An American Werewolf In London are classics that need to be left alone for God's sake. mad

A werewolf craze I wouldn't mind. As long as they're original, done well, and are NOT REMAKES, then all werewolf movies to come out of Hollywood from now on are fine with me.

Exactly!!!

But that's Hollywood's tradition: they get a hold of something good and completely over-saturate the industry w/ sub-par rip-offs.  Look at what happened after "Scream" ..... roll ugh

This movie is crazy!

One funny thing about remakes...

...you don't have to watch them.;)

*howls at the moon.....

Give us fresh werewolf meat!!!

Werewolfs are good!

American Werewolf in London will not be the same without David Naughton!  He is the reason I'm a horror fan today and because of that movie! sad

thedeadshallrule wrote:

*howls at the moon.....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vABtNXuNZt8[/youtube]

I'm looking forward to new werewolf films.....just not those damn remakes.
I am looking forward to The Wolfman remake though. I think that might be good.

thedeadshallrule wrote:

*howls at the moon.....

Give us fresh werewolf meat!!!

what do you mean? you eat werewolves Daph! mind you , you could take a bite out of me, but i'll proberly be a bit tough!:P

I think the new Wolfman looks pretty damn great, it has a fantastic goth vibe to it that I'm digging. I think the werewolf genre is pretty slim actually, we need more, so long as they're done right.