Topic: My final 2 Lost Boys: The Thirst Posters....

....hey guys, just another couple I wanted to share!

Made a start on these a few weeks ago, just cleaned them up and finished them there. Turned out not too bad. Will be my last for a little while....I promise tongue  smile

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs51/i/2009/336/1/b/Lost_Boys_TheThirstConceptPst3_by_Mr_Rabba.jpg

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs51/i/2009/335/a/0/Lost_Boys_TheThirstConceptPst4_by_Mr_Rabba.jpg

And heres the Scream poster again for anyone who might have missed it

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs51/i/2009/332/d/f/Scream4ConceptPosterV_1_by_Mr_Rabba.jpg

Last edited by Rabba (2009-12-02 13:11:18)

Re: My final 2 Lost Boys: The Thirst Posters....

FANTASTIC  work !!!!  I absolutely LOVE the 2nd Lost Boys Poster !!!  and nice job with the Scream 4 !!!   Your talent is amazing !

Tnanks MOH,  really glad you like them! smile

Bump. tongue

The second lost boys one is the BEST.  I told you before, I'll say it again, submit these to the production companies, you do a better job than they do

Thanks dude! Really appreciate that!

The second one is probably my fave aswell. Kind of dvd slip sleeve style! smile

I haven't seen the second one, do either Frog die in it?

They actually hinted that Allan Frog had been turned but never completely cleared it up! Both Frogs are very much alive, Edgar is still hunting, though I've got a funny feeling that Allan will be either a half or full vampire. Again, they did a really bad job of fleshing out any further story, and thats why I hope the 3rd will fill in those blanks!

Wasn't very impressed with the 2nd one mind you, though the 3rd one is in different hands....maybe we'll see something completely different this time around smile

The first one is so great I wanna pick up the second one just on principle but I just don't know...if I can find the blu ray of it for 10 bucks, they have a sale

Rabba you know I always have an opinion and how much I admire your work, more so for the fact you do it for nothing. I do however have one minor complaint and I hope you don't mind this hun.

The first poster is beautiful if not for one thing I find hard to overlook.

The hand coming out of the grave holding the stake is a beautiful image but due to how it portrayed, it was initially hard for me to see the graft of the hand. It seems rather too smooth, succinct and tends to blur into such a mold that it doesn't grasp the look of a hand. It takes away a little of that realism which would make the poster absolutely stunning. If fixed then wow! Sorry for the complaint darl x

To the second one I have no quibbles, it's flawless in the best of ways. The army outfit, the dogtags, the scarf and blood in such familiar colour manages to keep the poster interesting and different. It's not horror but in a way it is. Love the second one to bits. And you know my opinion on the Scream poster. wink

Be aware even with that minor quibble I still think your talent far outweighs that much of Hollywood. You have unique designs, flair and a true understanding of the horror genre that sets it apart from the usual posters. Like Garden said, keep going and try submitting, someone is bound to notice what you can offer.

Looking forward to more posters! big_smile

Thank you kindly BTK big_smile I always appreciate your input, and your constructive input is very helpful smile

I'll go back and give edit the hand! After you pointing it out, kind of looks like an old potato lol smile

Last edited by Rabba (2009-12-02 11:19:42)

Swapped out the potato hand lol tongue

lol Glad I can help you Rabba wink and love it now. Now I can see that outline, it looks perfect. No fault to be found. We need more of you hun, we really do. big_smile

rabba as you make posters email them to scoops@horror-movies.ca so we dont miss them and can share them!

the hand looks so much better now !

Gardenofstone10 wrote:

The second lost boys one is the BEST.  I told you before, I'll say it again, submit these to the production companies, you do a better job than they do

I second that, player! cool:P

Didnt realise my thread got moving again! smile Thanks alot guys!

Meh wrote:

rabba as you make posters email them to scoops@horror-movies.ca so we dont miss them and can share them!

I will do Meh! I'll pass them along direct next time! tongue

Rabba wrote:

Meh wrote:

and we can share your talent with the WOOOORLD !!!!   smile

MistressOf Horror wrote:
Rabba wrote:

Meh wrote:

and we can share your talent with the WOOOORLD !!!!   smile

big_smile woooo!

YES:D

big_smile

I'm actually just sending my new piece to the address that Meh mentioned. It features both of the Frog Bros and its probably my favirote one of all.  Just finished cleaning it up there smile

Last edited by Rabba (2009-12-08 14:12:45)