Re: 28 weeks later

I didn't like the first one that much so hopefully this one will be more gorier.

I saw it yesterday...and I really enjoyed it, I loved how they created an actual story out of it, instead of a run-on of the first film.  The characters were really good, the action was a little more intense than the first, but that's gonna happen when a movie involves an entire army unit.  I really liked Jeremy Renner's character, and the two children did an great job.  It still doesn't beat the first one IMO, I think that one is just amazing....

DeathbyHighKick wrote:

I saw it yesterday...and I really enjoyed it, I loved how they created an actual story out of it, instead of a run-on of the first film.  The characters were really good, the action was a little more intense than the first, but that's gonna happen when a movie involves an entire army unit.  I really liked Jeremy Renner's character, and the two children did an great job.  It still doesn't beat the first one IMO, I think that one is just amazing....

LOL, if it doesn't beat the first one then I will wait for it on dvd.:lol:

I just saw it.  Fantastic. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time.  It was way gory and had some great kills scenes.  Ripper it's worth seeing on the big screen.

The Epitome of Fear wrote:

I just saw it.  Fantastic. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time.  It was way gory and had some great kills scenes.  Ripper it's worth seeing on the big screen.

I second that....I love the fire-bombing part.

I saw it last night and really liked it.  The first is still my favorite, but I like where they went with it.  The helicopter scene was pretty great.

Tina12312 wrote:

I saw it last night and really liked it.  The first is still my favorite, but I like where they went with it.  The helicopter scene was pretty great.

I think that scene was a bit far fetched....I've seen numerous attack choppers in action (no, not slicing people heads off with the propellers), and I seriously doubt that the pilo would be able to do that.  I understand that they wanted to use that scene for all it's worth, but c'mon.....

Hey i haven't seen the movie yet but will be seeing it either Tuesday or Wed. But i love the helicopter scene from Planet Terror.

DeathbyHighKick wrote:
Tina12312 wrote:

I think that scene was a bit far fetched....I've seen numerous attack choppers in action (no, not slicing people heads off with the propellers), and I seriously doubt that the pilo would be able to do that.  I understand that they wanted to use that scene for all it's worth, but c'mon.....

It definitely wasn't realistic, but I still liked it.  Hope I didn't ruin anything BDD.

it was okay not great
it was worth watch
was a bit dull in place

I think it is possible to do that with a helicoper those army guys could do alot f crazy shit soo u never no u coudl tell it was all cgi but how else coudl they do that. it was indeed a good movie and everyone should watch it

They used the same helicopter scene as in "Grindhouse".  big_smile

I don't think Rip seen a movie at the theater since House of Wax I think he was pretty devastated at what happen to Paris Hilton in the movie lol

joking aside go see it Rips its worth it!

It's the music that makes it more creepy.  When you hear that weird awful music when the rage victims attack, you just know it's gonna be pure carange.

It's the music that makes it more creepy.  When you hear that weird awful music when the rage victims attack, you just know it's gonna be pure carange.

What music is more creey:

The soundtrack from 28 Days Later or 28 Weeks Later.

I have the soundtrack to 28 Days Later and did my own music mix taking a couple tracks from the soundtrack and used it on my Demo Reel.

They are actually pretty similar if not the same.  It's that intense track they play when the attacks occur.  You just need to see it BDD because if I say too much it will spoil it.  Let's just say my favorite scene is the garage scene and leave it at that.

Well i'm seeing it tomorrow night. So don't worry you don't need to spoil it for me. tongue

BlackDeathDamien wrote:

Well i'm seeing it tomorrow night. So don't worry you don't need to spoil it for me. tongue

Good then we can talk about how great it is. wink

BlackDeathDamien wrote:

Good then we can talk about how great it is. wink

Oh i know. The funny thing is my buddy told me he was skeptic about the movie. That he didn't care for 28 Days Later and i knew he wouldn't. But i was telling him all the positive things to expect about this movie. So i'm making sure that we are seeing it tomorrow night.

I have the most awesome date for all my horror movies. My momma.  She has always let me watch horror movies and she goes with me whenever she can.  She loved 28 Weeks Later just as much as I did and we are going to see Bug Saturday.  I am gonna be just like her when I grow up.  big_smile

Very nice. To bad none of my family members like horror movies. But i'm the only one. Oh well. They just don't know what they are missing.

I saw this yesterday and thought it was better than the original. I have read some very negative reviews of this film and wondered what movie they saw or how they could call themselves reviewers or maybe they just don't like horror movies. Hell, it's all just opinion, so maybe I should become a reviewer. This movie had it all. Gore, intensity, a good pace and great visual style. What's not to enjoy? It was like the rollercoaster I got sick on at Whatever Point in Ohio. There. There's RacerX's Dime Tour Review.

I hated fast moving zombies in other movies (eventhough I did enjoy the Dawn of the Dead remake), but they work in these because of the "virus". If they can even be called zombies because they eventually die from starvation and they're dead. Normal zombies, in time, would just rot away...and not move fast.

The opening sequence, how the virus came back, the containment scene, the subway scene...It's was like eating an O Henry bar - intense!

ooh I know I'm gonna get slapped for what I'm about to say ahh I didn't like it *ducks* the first one was 10 times better...I tried guys I really tried I mean there were two parts that made me jump but other then that I could of fell asleep through it..the gore was good like the first but I just couldn't get into it.. sad

RaVeN71806 wrote:

ooh I know I'm gonna get slapped for what I'm about to say ahh I didn't like it *ducks* the first one was 10 times better...I tried guys I really tried I mean there were two parts that made me jump but other then that I could of fell asleep through it..the gore was good like the first but I just couldn't get into it.. sad

You know what. I'm in the same boat as you Raven. I mean yeah the 'infected' were so much better than the first. But as far as the plot and loved all the gore scenes. But everything else didn't really do it for me. I was actually expecting more out of it. I think it was just ok.

^ Pah!  It was epicbig_smile