Re: What are you reading?

Thanks TDSR.  I've ordered Ghoul, what do you think about Conqueror Worms, and I've read the others.  I'm about half way through Swan Song right now, and totally enjoying it.  But I'm running out of post apocalyptic books and/or zombie books.  Need some more suggestions from you guys.  Hell, I wouldn't know about any of these books if it weren't for ya'll.

A Vampire in New York.

floridapossum wrote:

Thanks TDSR.  I've ordered Ghoul, what do you think about Conqueror Worms, and I've read the others.  I'm about half way through Swan Song right now, and totally enjoying it.  But I'm running out of post apocalyptic books and/or zombie books.  Need some more suggestions from you guys.  Hell, I wouldn't know about any of these books if it weren't for ya'll.

conqueror worms was really good and dead sea was also:)

Yea, I really enjoyed Dead Sea, guess I'll order Conqueror Worms, didn't get it the first time round, cause I thought the cover was stupid.  Guess its me not the cover.

Today I bought The Last Watch by Sergei Lukyanenko and Let The Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist, so that is what I am about to be reading. smile

I am currently reading this thread.  lol

Dead Tide by Stephen North, its a great book, and he's a really awesome guy.  Will be writing a review for Amazon as soon as I'm finished.

I am reading Macbeth by Shakesphere (I never read it and wanted to experience the whole 3 witch thing lol)

I just finished Ghost Walk by Brian Keene about 30 minutes ago. It was a decent book, but my least favorite Brian Keene novel so far.

On my second reading of a graphic novel adaptation of Richard Matheson's Hell House.

I've just finished Heart Shaped Box (second reading, I always read them too quickly the first time!!) really good, creepy modern day ghost story.
I really enjoyed this book.

Thank you to mcd666 for tip!!
PS - I'm glad i've got a German Shepard!!:P

I just finished reading the "Serenity Falls" series by James A. Moore (Read them, their great!)
and am now reading "Creepers" by David Morrell.

Hey Tim-Have you read "Off Season" by Jack Ketchum? Its not bad either. smile

"a million little pieces" 

got to love those silly crackheads.

A collection of M R James ghost stories

I'm taking Brian Keenes City of the Dead home for Christmas. I'm honestly not really looking forward that much. I've read The Rising and the collected stories of The Rising  and  somehow I don't  think hes the greatest thing since sliced head. I mean the gore is there and all that but  IT'S NOT a ZOMBIE BOOK. - it's "a novel of alien possession."  If it actually had zombies I would have been more into it.  all the short stories had a "well lets just end this with a twist" endings which in a collection gets old.
Down the Road - which I just read (although I'm alternating reading zombies with Tim Robbins books) was much more a zombie book.
Please feel free to disagree (Loudly)
I'll gush over the Morningstar strain books later.

TheFecalKid wrote:

Monster Island by David Wellington. Pretty damn good so far.

Crap I'm saying all the WRONG things about peoples reading choices today - what a great way to introduce myself. sad

Monster Island is okay but like I said about the Rising is it's a novel about possession - or it's a zombie novel AND a novel of possession and I wish it was one or the other. I liked it - but not enough to buy the rest of the series

midnightwolf wrote:

Just finished Christopher Moore's Practical Demon Keeping and Starting Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman.
Anyone out there into trading books, graphic novels ect.

big fan of Graphic novels. Have you read "Walking Dead"?
- I also really enjoy Fables (not really horror unless you think about an army of wooden men with contempt for "Meat"
I'm kinda sad that it will be made into a series by a major network - HBO etc could have handled it better I think. Good Omens is good. I've had 3 signed copies stolen. If you ever see a signed copy with "don't steal this book" it's mine.

Just finished Danse Macabre which was fair.

Now I'm on to my long Christmas break reading, The Terror by Dan Simmons

should be good big_smile

The Host by Stephanie Meyer

Last edited by Suspiria_89 (2008-12-22 14:27:01)

The Devil's Bones by Jefferson Bass  the writing team of Dr. Bill Bass and Jon Jefferson.  Dr. Bass founded the "Body Farm"  at the University of Tennessee.  It's all about forensics.  It's so detailed you can almost smell the decomp!

working my way through some old issues of cinefantastique at  the moment. from 1998-  2003

I'm about 2 thirds of the way through F. Paul Wilson's The Sims. So far its excellent.

reading slash biography

Currently trying to attempt to re-read and finish Cell by Stephen King.  Nota big fan but I read most of Cell and enjoed it, so I got a new paperback version and am attempting to finally read the whole thing

Jaws by Peter Benchley:cool: