Re: What are you reading?

Desperation by Stephen King. Not sure how good it is but it looked decent so I bought it.

Just got the The Walking Dead comics by Robert Kirkman and am trying to ketch up on them. So far they are just amazing.Really well written stuff.

thedeadshallrule wrote:

Ghoul by Brian Keene
Best writer in a hell of a long time, delves into the Horror and surfaces with the most wicked things:)

Great book!

I've never heard of this book "Ghoul". Could you give me a little synopsis of it.

65th Octave by Gary A. Scott

World War Z. So far i'm liking it alot. Great read so far.

magicman wrote:

I've never heard of this book "Ghoul". Could you give me a little synopsis of it.

"Ghoul" is set back in the 80's, where three young kids are out on summer vacation having fun and what not.  Their fun soon stops when a ghoul terrorizes them and the town in the hopes of finding human bodies to eat.

Great book and I highly recommend it to all.  Especially for those who grew up in the 80's, spending your free time reading comic books and watching "Phantasm".

TiM the Zombie wrote:
magicman wrote:

"Ghoul" is set back in the 80's, where three young kids are out on summer vacation having fun and what not.  Their fun soon stops when a ghoul terrorizes them and the town in the hopes of finding human bodies to eat.

Great book and I highly recommend it to all.  Especially for those who grew up in the 80's, spending your free time reading comic books and watching "Phantasm".

I was gonna get this today, but then I settled on one of Keene's other books, "The Conquerer Worm" <---which dives into more of a Sci-Fi realm....but with plenty of scares.   Ghoul's next, and idea when a new novel is coming out?

In August, Brian has a new one coming out called "Dead Sea" another zombie book.  Love his stuff and Ghoul was great.  I'm looking for something to read now.

The Store by Bentley Little

Tina12312 wrote:

In August, Brian has a new one coming out called "Dead Sea" another zombie book.  Love his stuff and Ghoul was great.  I'm looking for something to read now.

I have a copy on pre-order.  Can't wait.

I think I'm gonna do that too TiM.

The Rutting Season is being re released in Feb 2008 by Brian Keene, its going to have a different title(slips my mind right now darn it)
http://www.bloodlettingbooks.com/rusebybrkepa.html

Thanks dead, I never read that one but it looks good.

thedeadshallrule wrote:

The Rutting Season is being re released in Feb 2008 by Brian Keene, its going to have a different title(slips my mind right now darn it)
http://www.bloodlettingbooks.com/rusebybrkepa.html

retitled: Dark Hallow

Thanks dead;)  I just got The Keep, haven't started it yet.

The Keep is a great read too:)

I gotta start reading it tonight.  Thanks for the rec dead.

Highly recommended non-fiction serial killer read: "The Devil in the White City" by Erik Larson. 

Book summary:
The Devil in the White City tells the story of the World's Columbian Exposition held in Chicago in 1893 to commemorate Christopher Columbus's discovery of America. The Devil in the White City intertwines the true tale of two men: Daniel Burnham and H. H. Holmes. Burnham, the chief architect and mastermind of the Exposition (also known as the White City) inadvertently created a playground for Holmes, one of America's first serial killers.

I just recently discovered who H.H. Holmes was, and he is one of the most interesting serial killers I have ever researched.  The crazy thing is this all happened right here in my surrounding areas here in Chicago.  And the things he did were unbelievable for his time period.

Last edited by jmh314 (2007-07-22 11:54:56)

I reading The Town by Bentley Little now. I'm only on chapter 4.

Christine by Stephen King. I watched the movie back in the 80s, but have never read the book. So far, it's much better than the movie (although the movie wasn't horrible). I am about half way through it.

well im taking a break from zombie novels and reading conan the defender by robert jordan

[img=http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/6834/51bb4v3nnilss500pe0.th.jpg]

CROM AND STEEL!!!

Last edited by skincarver (2007-08-19 10:37:36)

thedeadshallrule wrote:

The Keep is a great read too:)

Yeah I got that book by F. Paul Wilson. I just wanna find the movie on dvd someday.

Helter Skelter is still my fave true crime novel by Vincent Bugliosi.

And I would say that my all time fave book to read is probably The Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice.

skincarver wrote:

well im taking a break from zombie novels and reading conan the defender by robert jordan

[img=http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/6834/51bb4v3nnilss500pe0.th.jpg]

CROM AND STEEL!!!

If you don't mind me asking, what zombie novels have you been reading?

RIP wrote:

And I would say that my all time fave book to read is probably The Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice.

Great book!

Lisey's Story by Stephen King