Topic: Do you think Grind House will do well?

I know Grind House is about to come out.  All my friends want and are going to see it.
I just want to know if you are going to see it and if you think it will do well at the box office?
I vote yes

Re: Do you think Grind House will do well?

Personally, I don't care how it does. But I sure as hell wanna see it. The little teenagers will probably be too impatient to sit through a 2 and a half hour movie, and thats where all the money is. I hope it does well, but I personally think that how it does will impact the fans.

Of course it will do well.  You wanna know why?  Two names, Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez.  Even the non-horror crowd knows who those guys are.  It's a double bill attraction directed by big name directors with big name stars.  It's going to do well.

Is this double feature even a horror film(s)? It seems to be more of an homage to cheap ,sleazy 70's films. I'll probabbly love it and it will do well with a very limited audience; that's okay because it probably has a very limited budget. I look forward to ZOMBIE's SS WOMEN thing the most ,though.

Last edited by TODBROWNING1 (2007-03-26 02:15:34)

TODBROWNING1 wrote:

Is this double feature even a horror film(s)? It seems to be more of an homage to cheap ,sleazy 70's films.

Thats Grindhouse smile

I think it'll do phenomenal the first weekend, will stay top ten for a month, but will REALLY find its legs on video.

*I'll* be there opening night though!

I'm going when it opens.

Personally, I can't wait to see this movie but I don't think it will be a huge hit for it's initial run at the theatre.  The R rating most likely means a tamer version for the hardcore fans and the length will cause a lot of people to wait for video.

I do think it will make a lot of money once it comes out on DVD - especially the unrated version.

TODBROWNING1 wrote:

Is this double feature even a horror film(s)? It seems to be more of an homage to cheap ,sleazy 70's films. I'll probabbly love it and it will do well with a very limited audience; that's okay because it probably has a very limited budget. I look forward to ZOMBIE's SS WOMEN thing the most ,though.

Well one of them is about zombies and the other is about a serial killer who kills young woman with his car.. So yeah I would say its a horror film.

Also I voted yes simply because it has Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez attached.. I mean almost every horror fan I know is going to check it out.. Throw onto that all the outside people who will go see it just because it has so many big names in it.. It will make money.. Big money.. one way or another..

I definitely can't wait to see this. This is going to be one hell of a ride. It is ashame that it won't be NC-17 but hey that the MPAA for you. And i can definitely tell you it will top 300. Not only in the box office but for how long it's going to be number 1.

Yes. I'm sure it won't break any box office records though!

Obviously it will... All the hype plus the two big names...

It's not just the directors.  I mean, even the stars.  Bruce Willis?  Yeah.

cant wait to see the lady with a machine gun for a leg

That certainly gets the most giggles in the theaters during the previews.  I, personally, think it's badass.

Heh yea I think some people will be lost when the movie actually starts.. Heh it reminds me of when I went to see Pans Labyrinth and the subtitles came up and heard a couple people around me release a sigh.. it was pretty funny..

People just can't seem to appreciate films with B&W or subtitles.  Shame, really.

The subtitles aren't a problem here, obviously. We don't produce that many original movies. Although the B&W could be a problem, I haven't heard any complains.

I think Grindhouse is going to do real fuckin good. Theres alot of people into grindhouse sleaze and to see something new that has anything to do with it, it's going to be a biggy IMO.

If people want to see Grindhouse sleaze, then I doubt this film will do the trick.  I mean, most of the old Grindhouse films were shot back in the early 70's.  Plus, the budget was usually shoe string if not lower.  "Grindhouse" is in the year 2007, with a higher budget, and the best FX team you can possibly have.  A big difference.

I don't think you knew what I meant. I know theres a big difference between now and the '70's. I was there.  The movie is called Grindhouse for a reason. Right?
So there you go.

No, I got what you meant.  I just think that people will be dissapointed if they go into "Grindhouse" thinking it's going to be like that of the 70's.

I will love this movie no matter how it is served up because all of the directors working on it have great talent.  Am I disappointed that it will not be released NC-17?  Yes, but only because I feel that it should try and capture that full Grind House feel.  Hell, in a way they should not bring it to the MPAA at all and try to find some small theaters to show it... but that would ruin the chance for the producers to make ridiculous amounts of money... eh.

Will definitely be there opening day.

Actually I think that people are gonna be dissapointed when after watching this movie they get other one from the 70's and think it's crap because of the low-budget quality.

Well too bad then for people who think that way.  These movies and trailers are supposed to pay homage to a time when excessive violence and sex were what ruled.  And, if people are so stuck on quality over story then that is really disappointing.  Most horror and exploitation films looked gritty and yet people find them awesome because they had really cool stories.

Last edited by TheDudeWithTheShotgun (2007-03-28 00:56:46)