Topic: Creature from the Black Lagoon

Am I the only one that is actually afraid for this remake?  I grew up with Creature for this is my dad's favorite.  His collection of memorbilia alone is impressive.  I've seen what the Creature looks like for the new movie and it looks like the old Krackin (Clash of the Titans) and the swamp monster from Monster Squard cross -breeded.

I hope they don't screw it up like they did with most "re-makes".

What do you think? smile

Re: Creature from the Black Lagoon

I haven't looked at remake pictures yet, I was hoping they would keep to the gillman looking creature and make the scenes swampy, dark and creepy. Get some good actors in there (new) and run with it. I don't like the look of the krackin in COTT, I wish there were more aquatic creature movies to terrorize us with....sigh

I haven't been a active member so I can't post a picture yet.  But if you go a google search for Creature Remake, it's  show you a picture. mad

Thanks!! and Welcome to the forum!!

Thank you!  I've loved the site for awhile now, I'm just new to the forum. lol

Cheers,and nice to have you aboard Sherri cool

Nah, I don't have much hope for the remake.  The original was neat because it had a new locale for a monster, but after Jaws and the million rip-offs, a gill-man isn't going to inspire a whole lot of fear.  How do you make something scarier than a 200 million year old evolutionary terror?  Besides mother-in-laws, I mean.

You guys are killing me!  That was too funny and I totally agree!  I will keep my fingers crossed that it will be good.  And thanks for the welcome.  It's great to talk to people that share common interests! lol

don't know if this is it or not but it looks lmore like a predator than anything else to me.

http://blog.celtx.com/celtx_blog/images/2007/08/29/i9bdywo83vmt.jpeg

Last edited by Glenn-BoB (2009-12-18 09:54:30)

That's the monster from Monster Squad.  Put that with the Krackin and you have yourself one screwed up Creature! lol

Maybe they should just do the musical adaptation to the movie screen instead .:lol:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ozl8u_liyU[/youtube]

Last edited by fmvgamer (2009-12-18 12:18:27)

http://www.moviesonline.ca/AdvHTML_Upload/NewCreature01.jpg

Thank you Mistress.  Since I'm "New" on here I couldn't post any photos.  I was hoping someone would. wink

Welcome Sherri..   smile

it seems reminiscent of the old creature..   I look forward to seeing a trailer with the Creature in action

MistressOf Horror wrote:

it seems reminiscent of the old creature..   I look forward to seeing a trailer with the Creature in action

i agree it does look like the original creature.

Am I the only one that thinks it looks like the Creature's "retarded" brother?  (No offense to anyone)  Maybe because I grew up watching it, but something about it rubs me the wrong way.  mad

cool

The original dude.

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/3800000/Creature-From-The-Black-Lagoon-classic-science-fiction-films-3835656-1024-768.jpg

yikes

Last edited by helrzr1964 (2009-12-19 10:06:43)

Gamer,

I was finally able to watch the video.  I can't begin to express how WRONG that is. LOL  When Creature started signing, I nearly dropped the laptop!  I'll have to show my dad that video.  He is a diehard Creature fan!

I wouldn't mind a update of the old costume, maybe some more facial expressions, i'll just be happy if they don't CGI him.

If anyone finds any more photos plse post em tongue

I will when I can post pictures.  Still a "Newbie" mad

Make it the "Blue Glowy Radioactive Lagoon"

azathoth wrote:

Make it the "Blue Glowy Radioactive Lagoon"

hahahaha.  With my luck, they will! mad