Re: Creature from the Black Lagoon

fmvgamer - that video clip was awesome.. but disturbing.  wink

I'm a HUGE fan of the gillman, and Creature from the Black Lagoon is one of my all time favorite films.  So concerning the remake, I'll be curiously optimistic.  What orginally concerned me was all of the production delays and director changes that have occured since the remake was announced.  At last count, it looks like Carl Rinsch is going to direct this film (he was originally slated to direct the Alien prequel before Ridley Scott decided to do it) and looking at Carl's commercial work, I like his style - so we'll see.

As far as the creature design (that MoH posted) it doesnt look to bad and I'm sure it will continue to evolve and hopefully for the better.  As far as any CG is concerned.. it doesnt bother me.. look at what was done in District 9 or Avatar.  It just better be done well.

- deadmanwalkin

I am hopeful for this film big_smile

(it better be good, Creature From The Black Lagoon was my Mom's fave nickname for me lol)

deadmanwalkin wrote:

fmvgamer - that video clip was awesome.. but disturbing.  wink

I'm a HUGE fan of the gillman, and Creature from the Black Lagoon is one of my all time favorite films.  So concerning the remake, I'll be curiously optimistic.  What orginally concerned me was all of the production delays and director changes that have occured since the remake was announced.  At last count, it looks like Carl Rinsch is going to direct this film (he was originally slated to direct the Alien prequel before Ridley Scott decided to do it) and looking at Carl's commercial work, I like his style - so we'll see.

As far as the creature design (that MoH posted) it doesnt look to bad and I'm sure it will continue to evolve and hopefully for the better.  As far as any CG is concerned.. it doesnt bother me.. look at what was done in District 9 or Avatar.  It just better be done well.

- deadmanwalkin

Thanks for your input.  I hope you are right.  It would be very disappointing if it looks too cheesy! hmm

Sherri576 - Yes it will be very diappointing.  Universal looks like they are doing right with the Wolfman and if that ends up being a hit, I can expect we will see some of the same care and "lets get this right" attitude for CofBL.

- deadmanwalkin

I found this picture and thought I'd share:

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k24/Sherri576/newcreature.jpg