Topic: Dr. West Going to Masters of Horror?

Last weekend Dread Central was in attendance at the Texas Fear Fest and caught a very interesting scoop. The lovely Barabara Crampton (Re-Animator) was in attendance and revealed some tidbits on what we may see next season on Masters of Horror.

Read More : Dr. West Going to Masters of Horror?

Re: Dr. West Going to Masters of Horror?

I always thought this idea sounded a bit cheesy.  But, if it's in a Masters of Horror episode, then you know I'll check it out.

I would love to see this done, weither full length or Masters length.  But because of its content...like HOMECOMING, Masters is the only place you could get it made unless Gordon goes to execs at Lionsgate or After Dark to make a pitch.  They are the only folks ballsy enough to do something like this.

Anything is better than a remake. Even with only 10 days of shoothing (which I think is another one of the rules) I think it's gonna end up ok.

I agree, this could be the perfect forum for a new Re-Animator. Still unsure about the plot though, I mean West at the White House, a political parody to skewer Bush? I think I'm in the minority in this but in season one of MOH, I thought Homecoming was too obvious and it took me out of the show. Beat me over the head with a severed arm, not a political message. At very least veil the message to some extent.

Get the group together for some good gory fun

I don't know about this. Masters of Horror is suppose to be all original, not a continuation of a movie franchise.
I don't agree with turning Re-Animator into a MoH episode cause of funding problems.

I agree with MoH being all original but I'd rather watch a Re-Animator episode than a lame-ass story like some of the 2nd season.

Don't think of it as a sequal but maybe an additional chapter or even a quick and dirty one off adventure like from the pages of a comic book, Tales of the Re-Animator. West as an old man in an old folks home, inspiration strikes and he starts experimenting again, brings Sebastian Haff back back to life for one last adventure and perhaps a benefit concert to fund further work - ha ha! Any chance to get Barbara Crampton without a blouse again will find me a willing participant wink