Topic: The Burrowers

Great horror western movie! Anyone watch this?

Re: The Burrowers

I liked it but the ending seemed a cop out a little. I hated the effects used for the creatures, it ruined it so much for me but that aside it was a good movie. A little slow and you need to be alert but pretty good, I loved the characterisation of the characters and the motives for what they are doing.

Not an absolute favourite of mine but an entertaining watch, gets a 7/10 from me smile

By the way, welcome to HM metzo wink nice to have you on here and really hope to hear more from you. big_smile

10x for welcome!

To be honest i like the slow style of The Burrowers! smile also great music! As far as i know the movie is the final chapter of  tv series with same name, also with Clancy Brown! smile

I watched it in passing and it's one of those movies that was enjoyable but forgettable.  I will not remember this movie in a few years because there's nothing in it that deserves to be remembered.  I'd pick it up if it were in the 5 dollar bin, though.

But look it this way, in a few years you will remember that you seen this movie and may be watch it again! smile

By the way, ever played Silent Hill? The creatures in The Burrowers looks like the monsters in the games...

Last edited by metzo (2010-01-05 04:22:13)

I was big into Silent Hill when I was in high school and let's just say I did things that made me lose my memory, lol.  I won't watch Burrowers again for a long time.  It was too......how do I explain it....too much like so many other horror movies that I like more that if I get that craving for the certain genre, I'll watch the other ones.

ok, that's fine too! smile
I rate The Burrowers 6/10

had potential, and it's not that bad, but could have been so much better, the western bits work better than the horror. 6/10

I'm a big fan of Clancy Brown, was disappointed he was shot so quick! hmm

Did you ever watch other western horrors!? smile

I had high hopes for it, but ultimately, it let me down.  It could have been done so much better, especially the creatures.  Though it is Civil War and not western, I thought that Dead Birds was a much better period piece.

The Cave is to the Descent as The Burrowers is to Tremors

I enjoyed this movie -- has anyone seen the short film prequel to this movie called Blood Red Earth ?  its the Native American side to the story

http://www.fearnet.com/shows/blood_red_earth/index.html

I liked this The Cave vs The Descent! smile  I've watched The Descent two times for one week, really great! smile

And I will watch Blood Red Earth , 10x Mistress! smile

alien25 wrote:

I had high hopes for it, but ultimately, it let me down.  It could have been done so much better, especially the creatures.  Though it is Civil War and not western, I thought that Dead Birds was a much better period piece.

Dead Birds was a surpisingly good movie

Dead Birds

"A group of Confederate soldiers who hole up in an abandoned plantation after robbing a bank, and find themselves at the mercy of supernatural forces. "

Sounds great! smile

Dead Birds was pretty great, some nice moments and interesting cinematography, but the less you know about it the better. I saw it completely unaware of what to expect and encourage new viewers to do the same.

I also enjoyed the Burrowers but have a soft spot for this little sub-genre of movie, like Ravenous.

Ravenous is actually a pretty good movie ...

oh, and welcome Urban Cannibal !!

One that I am looking forward to seeing is Gallowwalker with Wesley Snipes, that is when it is released.  Looks like it could be cool.

Ravenous, another great movie! It's actually made by women... it's pretty odd! smile

It just got put OnDemand, so I'm planning on watching it.  Didn't read any of the above comments so as to not influence my 'viewing experience'.  Yeah, like I even know what that means!

you ordered  Ravenous Az ??  or The Burrowers?

Last Night i start watching Dictrict 9 but i fell asleep. Is it worth watching?