Topic: DVD News: Open Graves and Nightmare on Elm St. Collection

DVDActive has learned that Lionsgate Home Entertainment has recently announced the DVD release of Open Graves which stars Mike Vogel and Eliza Dushku. The DVD is schedule to be in stores on February 23rd. The film will be presented in ...

Read More : DVD News: Open Graves and Nightmare on Elm St. Collection

Re: DVD News: Open Graves and Nightmare on Elm St. Collection

Oh man thats awesome! Ive been trying to hunt down all the normal release NOES Dvds, i've managed to get all of them except for Freddy is Dead, i didn't want to get the normal boxset mainly because i couldn't find it, and those cardboard cases. hopefully it is a decent price. Open graves looks cool too.

It looks like to price will be $49.00 for the NOES DVD Collection.

- deadmanwalkin

I already got the older box set, not going to bother making a double dip unless there's at least a few hours of new features.

Wait a second.... have you guys picked up on the fact that it's an image of Jackie Earle Haley from the ANOES remake on the cover? hmm

Why would they put an image from the remake on a set for the originals? Seems kind of disrespectful to Englund's reign as Krueger.

Maybe thats just my view though!!

Seems to be a crop of this image with an arm imposed onto it -

http://iconsoffright.com/news/New-Freddy-pic.jpg

http://www.horror-movies.ca/AdvHTML_Upload/nightmareelmstreetart1.jpg

Last edited by Rabba (2010-01-08 13:01:42)

neutral   WOW.. good call.  It definately looks like they used the same image.

- deadmanwalkin

Seems like the studio are pulling a sneaky one there lol.

Oh dear lord, I've just noticed something else.......the blades on the glove are backwards! What the hell? LOL lol

The studio probably didnt even give it a second look!!

Last edited by Rabba (2010-01-08 13:43:34)

Open Graves sounds cool. The covers pretty nice too.
And NOES box set looks pretty nice. All my Freddy films are on VHS, and need them on DVD so this box set might be mine sometime this year.

deadmanwalkin wrote:

- deadmanwalkin

Thats a decent price, at first i thought it was a bit steep, i found all my NOES dvds in bargain bins for 5$ except for New Nightmare, i sure hope this includes special feature though.

pR1m3vil wrote:
deadmanwalkin wrote:

- deadmanwalkin

Thats a decent price, at first i thought it was a bit steep, i found all my NOES dvds in bargain bins for 5$ except for New Nightmare, i sure hope this includes special feature though.

i just checked this out on amazon and there are no new features at all so i think that i'll pass and keep the ones that i already have. I'm pissed off that they would once again try and sucker us into buying the movies agin.

According to other sites, there are no new special features.  The only thing different about this one, besides the art, from the older one is this one includes Freddy Vs. Jason.