Topic: Movie Tickets

When will it cost too much to go to the movies?

Here in Montreal we pay $13 at the AMC.

$12 at the Cineplex. $13.50 for IMAX and $15.50 for 3-D.

I caught ZOMBIELAND the other night at the Dollar Cinema for $2.

But how much is too much?

Re: Movie Tickets

It costs like 9$ out here, and i thinks thats high lol

Meh ... only 12 bucks here. No big.

prices are high for cinema seats here, but what gets me is the fucking prices of sweets and drinks unbelievable!:o

^^ I'm with Wolfy, the prices of the tickets where I am are not too bad, it's the price/s they stick on to the food & drinks that's insane. For a small bag of popcorn and drink here it costs £11.80 which is ridiculous. It's why I do not go to the cinema often. I can handle the ticket prices but the amount they charge for cinema food is insane.

You could always sneak food in...

^^ I use to pR1m, all the time but now it just seems like a lot of effort when I can rent & watch it at home, with food I don't have to sneak lol It takes exceptional cases now for me to watch a film at the cinema, The Lovely Bones for example, that I will be taking a trip to the cinema. But more often I just prefer watching the movies at home now.

damn ya'll it's $7.00 here for a night movie, and $6.00 for a day movie big_smile

BlackTequilaKiss wrote:

^^ I use to pR1m, all the time but now it just seems like a lot of effort when I can rent & watch it at home, with food I don't have to sneak lol It takes exceptional cases now for me to watch a film at the cinema, The Lovely Bones for example, that I will be taking a trip to the cinema. But more often I just prefer watching the movies at home now.

I know what you mean. You can rent a movie for 5bucks and more often than not its more comfortable to watch a movie at home.

myersfan72 wrote:

damn ya'll it's $7.00 here for a night movie, and $6.00 for a day movie big_smile

Where are you?

wolfman1959 wrote:

prices are high for cinema seats here, but what gets me is the fucking prices of sweets and drinks unbelievable!:o

Totally agree with the price of sweets etc, if i take my wife & 2 kids to the cinema buy the time i buy the tickets & munchies i don't have much change out of £50.

Movie tickets are very high. It's ridiculous. It's $14.50 a ticket where I live!! This is why I don't go to the theater often.

Vixenella wrote:
myersfan72 wrote:

Where are you?

Arkansas, USA big_smile

Once prices went over US$8, I strongly curtailed the number of movies I go to.  I think it's about $10.50 regular, $9 for matinee.  Once Netflix came out, I stopped renting.  $5.50 at Blockbuster, the only nearby rental place.  For $19(?) or so, I run through about 10-12 movies a month.  And that's not including all the instant watch stuff that Vampy watches on her computer.  She ran through the entire A-Team series in one month.  And Dr. Who, and Little House of the Prairie, and etc etc. 

And I also hate how they charge out the hoo-haw for the snacks at the theatre, but they have to.  Theatres get ZERO revenue from the first weekend, then like 5% the 2nd weekend, etc.  If they didn't agree to those terms, the distributors told 'em, ok, you don't get the movie.  It's like that picture of a medium fish eating a small fish while a big fish is ready to chomp on the medium fish, all the while a shark is just hanging out right behind. 

Guess which one of the above we consumers are?